cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot turn off voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I've a Galaxy S3 but I cannot turn off voicemail by dialing 1760 - something that I've seen works elsewhere. I'm pretty sure I had voicemail turned off (I detest it - text me) as I've not received a voicemail in about 4 years but I've received 2 just today! The only thing I can think that I've done recently is install TuGo on both my phone (since uninstalled) and laptop and associated both with my number. Could this have affected it or is there a new way to turn off voicemail that I can't find? Thank you!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@perksie wrote:

Logging out and uninstalling should recover voicemail control.

If you choose to do this, don't forget to tick the delete all data button too.

Thanks jonsie, I didn't know that was necessary! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if everyone on here knows this now (I realise the above messages were a long time ago) but I have Tu Go on my phone and have managed to turn off my voicemail. Simply turn off your voicemail in the Tu Go settings and dial 1760 if you haven't done this already.

Message 22 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
That's correct and is now possible since the Tugo app was updated.
The original versions of Tugo didn't have the option to turn off voicemail though.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 27

Neilpaignton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried turning of voicemail with 1760. No luck. Then phoned 202. They said it was done. Two days later I still have voicemail. I am told it is unpresidented times by 202 call handler due to the coronavirus. That's not a computer virus so can't appreciate how the 1760 or the person on 202 cannot do it.
Message 24 of 27

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

In_Position
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cannot turn off my voicemail, so I've had to leave a message on my voicemail....not to leave a voicemail.

I've tried:

- ##002#

- calling customer services three times

- no option in 02 voicemail menus to turn off voicemail

- phone has no wifi, no TuGo or similar

- 02 said due to Covid 19, only new customers or those wishing to leave will be dealt with (but I tried them before, and they just advised me of the codes, which don't work)

Any more ideas please?! I don't want voicemail, as sometimes I can't get to my phone in time to answer it.

Message 26 of 27

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Call customer services and ask them to turn off WiFi calling.
Then use the 1760 code 24 hours later to turn of VM.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 27 of 27