cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot turn off voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I've a Galaxy S3 but I cannot turn off voicemail by dialing 1760 - something that I've seen works elsewhere. I'm pretty sure I had voicemail turned off (I detest it - text me) as I've not received a voicemail in about 4 years but I've received 2 just today! The only thing I can think that I've done recently is install TuGo on both my phone (since uninstalled) and laptop and associated both with my number. Could this have affected it or is there a new way to turn off voicemail that I can't find? Thank you!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd already removed TuGo so I called 202 and got them to deactivate my TuGo account last night. I was told to leave it overnight and to restart the phone before attempting to switch off VM again. Around 14:15 today I called 1760 and disabled voicemail successfully. Now when I reject a call automated message says “the other person hung up” before hanging up itself. If I just ignore then it says something like "the other person is unavailable" on repeat.

I've also starting using o2callalert for missed calls by calling 1710 as a VM replacement in case my phone's out of coverage/switched off. I'll see how this goes from here!

Message 11 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
You know you can't have call alert and voicemail active at the same time?
Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I know that - that wasn't my intention. I don't like voicemail but call alert should be useful if I'm ever out of coverage or my phone is off. Otherwise I'll get the missed call alert anyway.

Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I have same issue and I have deactivated/deleted the app from my phone. I walked into O2 Shop but still they are unable to deactivate the VM service.

Can anyone provide a clear step by step process to resolve this issue.

Appreaciate your help and Thanks in advance

Message 14 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi , I have same issue and I have deactivated/deleted the app from my phone. I walked into O2 Shop but still they are unable to deactivate the VM service.

Can anyone provide a clear step by step process to resolve this issue.

Appreaciate your help and Thanks in advance

Did you sign out of the Tugo app before deleting it? If not you will have to reinstall the app and sign out, then delete it again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 27

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes, unless you sign out of the app the system still recognises that voicemail is switched on and can't be overridden by 1760.

Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

As said above you need to sign out. Then uninstall. Then ring services on 202 and ask them to deactivate the TuGo service, I don't know if they can do it in store. Then wait 24 hours and you can disable the voicemail by calling 1760. You can enable missed call alert on 1710 if you wish. I've found it to be very useful when I'm out of coverage or my phone's off.

Best of luck!

Message 17 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Logging out and uninstalling should recover voicemail control.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it's all down to Tu Go. If you want to turn off voice mail Tu Go has to go!
Message 19 of 27

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Logging out and uninstalling should recover voicemail control.

If you choose to do this, don't forget to tick the delete all data button too.

Message 20 of 27