cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot turn off voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I've a Galaxy S3 but I cannot turn off voicemail by dialing 1760 - something that I've seen works elsewhere. I'm pretty sure I had voicemail turned off (I detest it - text me) as I've not received a voicemail in about 4 years but I've received 2 just today! The only thing I can think that I've done recently is install TuGo on both my phone (since uninstalled) and laptop and associated both with my number. Could this have affected it or is there a new way to turn off voicemail that I can't find? Thank you!

Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I haven't been able to turn off voicemail whist TuGo has been installed. I believe it is a feature that's built in and can't be disabled as yet. Hopefully the new update they are working on will remedy this.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try dialling ##002# ?

That turns off all diverts.
Message 2 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried it, didn't work 😞 I was so hopeful when I read that too! Am I going to have to ring 202 and get them to reset my voicemail?

Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
So after dialling that - calls to your number still go to O2's voicemail?

If so then yeah, you might need to give 202 a call.
Message 4 of 27

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I haven't been able to turn off voicemail whist TuGo has been installed. I believe it is a feature that's built in and can't be disabled as yet. Hopefully the new update they are working on will remedy this.

Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's correct - I tried both rejecting the call and letting it run until it ended and both prompted redirected to voicemail.

Okay thank you for your help, I'll try to speak to O2 tonight and I'll post back here either way.

Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
My bad - I had no idea about that!

Hopefully it's sorted soon then.
Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh really?! Thanks Jonsie, in that case I shall be uninstalling TuGo from my laptop too when I get home and I'll go from there and retry both 1760 and ##002#. TuGo has potential but I find it unusable atm anyway.

Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's taken me a week to get round to doing this but I rang 202 yesterday and they reset the voicemail for me from their end and told me to ring 1760 again in 24 hours time. I did so and it hasn't worked! FYI I was also told that this was the second call yesterday that the person I was speaking to had taken in regards to voicemail issues so they said they'd look into it to see if there's an underlying problem (as yet no mention of TuGo being the cause (wasn't mentioned by previous caller with the same issue apparently) however it's the only thing I'd changed so I'd suggest it caused the voicemail issue for myself at least). I'll call services again tomorrow evening to see what else they can do...

Message 9 of 27

MI5
  • 144325 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you have Tugo voicemail is compulsory (for some reason) and no way to turn it off. To get rid of VM you have to deactivate your tugo account (from within the app) then delete tugo from your devices. You can then use 1750/1760 to control on/off as normal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 27