cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add a bolt-on

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on o2 pay monthly and have used my data allowance, but when I attempt to add an extra 100mb bolt-on, either by phone or web, I'm simply told it can't be added, and to try later.  I'm given no explanation why.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there  , not all tariffs can add all data Bolt on.Best way to know what you can have is via my o2,as it will only give you the options available to your number/tariff.If it still doesn't work then ring 202 or use web chat,hope you get it sorted slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

what tariff are you currently on?

the 100MB bundle may not be compatible.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you trying to add it ?

Myo2 should suffice or

To OPT IN to the Basics data Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "BASIC" to 21300 or call free on 2202 from your O2 mobile. To OPT IN to the All Rounder data Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "ROUND" to 21300 or call free on 2202 from your O2 mobile. To OPT IN to The Works data Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "WORK" to 21300 or call free on 2425 from your O2 mobile.
13. One month minimum term applies.
14. To OPT OUT of the Basics data Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "BASICOFF" to 21300 at least 48 hours before the next payment is due or alternatively call free on 2202 from your O2 mobile. To OPT OUT of the All Rounder data Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "ROUNDOFF" to 21300 at least 48 hours before the next payment is due or alternatively call free on 2202 from your O2 mobile. To OPT OUT of The Works data Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "WORKOFF" to 21300 at least 48 hours before the next payment is due or alternatively call free on 2202 from your O2 mobile.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

"O2 Refresh ultd 24M 2GB 4G"

I find it odd that a bolt-on might not be compatible...don't they want my money?

Any other options to acquire data?

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live Chat or O2 Customer Services on 202

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144709 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

"O2 Refresh ultd 24M 2GB 4G"

I find it odd that a bolt-on might not be compatible...don't they want my money?

Any other options to acquire data?

Log in to your My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and all compatible and available bolt ons will be shown to you.

Just add them through the options in there.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there  , not all tariffs can add all data Bolt on.Best way to know what you can have is via my o2,as it will only give you the options available to your number/tariff.If it still doesn't work then ring 202 or use web chat,hope you get it sorted slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The bolt on service isn't working at present. I called customer service earlier and was told it is having issues. I have used my data too and nothing I do can add a bolt on.
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The bolt on service isn't working at present. I called customer service earlier and was told it is having issues. I have used my data too and nothing I do can add a bolt on.

Sorry about that. It seems you may have to try again tomorrow...or ring CS if it still isn't working:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still not working today...

Like you, i used all my data Monday, waited 24hrs and then rand CS and they told me there is technical issues with bolt ons and changing tariffs 😞

Hope to get some kinda compo out of this as have no internet if im away from wifi!!  Blooming annoying!

Message 10 of 10