Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract early

GazMakaveli
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I've found a deal using uswitch for a new iPhone SE which I'd like to take advantage of now, so I will need to cancel my current contract. I understand I will have to pay a fee for cancelling early, but how do I actually cancel? Do I need to cancel first before going ahead with the new deal? Is there a phone number you can call to actually speak with someone?

N.B. The new deal would still be with o2, but via mobilephonesdirect.co.uk.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35925 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Before you go down the cancel and new contract route, with number swap etc, have you asked if MPD will let you upgrade to the new phone?  They may not if you still have a fair chunk of time left on your current contract though, @GazMakaveli .

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract has most of the info you need, if MPD can't accommodate your Upgrade request.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35925 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Before you go down the cancel and new contract route, with number swap etc, have you asked if MPD will let you upgrade to the new phone?  They may not if you still have a fair chunk of time left on your current contract though, @GazMakaveli .

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract has most of the info you need, if MPD can't accommodate your Upgrade request.

Message 2 of 4

GazMakaveli
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Thanks for the reply. My contract expires in August, I can upgrade now via o2 but the deal on MPD is better (more GB of data p/m).

Do I not get to keep my number even though it'd still be with o2 (via MPD)?

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35925 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Keeping your existing number is a given, of course, but if you upgrade with MPD, they do it all for you, vs taking out a new contract with them, with a new number, and you then have to swap over (assuming the SIM for your current phone does not fit or work in your new phone directly) the numbers.

Message 4 of 4