Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel, pay off phone within cooling off period

Iceking
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am looking to cancel, pay off phone, that I took out earlier this week. Can I cancel and keep my phone within 14 days, or does it need to wait until day 15?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Iceking you can pay off the device cost at any time. 

Payment can be made through your MyO2 easily.

If you also wish to cancel the airtime, you can do so by calling customer service and giving 30 days notice or you can just leave the airtime running for as long as you like. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Iceking

You need to cancel and return the phone within the 14 day cooling off period.

If you purchased the phone in store, then it needs to be returned to the store from which it was purchased.

If purchased online, then you need to contact Customer Service

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

to arrange the phone's collection. Once it has been scanned back into the warehouse, O2 will refund any upfront cost you may have paid.

If contacting Customer Service, the best time to ring is between, 8-8:30am to avoid a long wait on hold.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 6

Iceking
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, but the problem is I want to keep the phone. I just not sure if it is best (or possible) to do this within 14 days, or after the cooling off period?

Message 3 of 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Sorry @Iceking your initial post seemed to be asking about cancelling and returning the phone.

Now, do I understand you correctly you want to keep the phone but pay for it outright?

As far as I know there is nothing to stop you from doing just that within the 14 day cooling off period, if you're sure that's what you want to do.

I suggest you ring Customer Service at 8am and explain what you'd like to do. Personally, I can't see a problem but they are the best people to advise you on how to proceed.

Ensure you speak to an advisor, live chat won't be able to help you here.

Again, the best of luck.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Iceking you can pay off the device cost at any time. 

Payment can be made through your MyO2 easily.

If you also wish to cancel the airtime, you can do so by calling customer service and giving 30 days notice or you can just leave the airtime running for as long as you like. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iceking You just pay off the device plan IN FULL then drop to a sim only tariff

Message 6 of 6