Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay my bills what will happen?

Sarahc123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi iv a few contacts with o2 for myself and my son's. Basically iv found that my financial situation has changed greatful and I'm struggling to pay my bills including these o2 contracts.
All 3 bills are paid on 1 bill together so I can't even pay 1 or 2 rather than all 3.
What happens now? I know the SIM will be restricted but will the handsets?
I'm in no position to keep up with these contacts.
Is it worth selling the handsets to help towards the debt or will they no longer work?
Tia
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Sarahc123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks everyone your advice is very much appreciated x
Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck @Sarahc123.

We have all gone through a change in circumstances so I hope you can get this sorted x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only way to get out  of this without having your credit score ruined or having the handsets blocked is to do as advised. Get the best price you can for the handsets and put it towards paying them off, then giving a month's notice to end the airtimes. It will still cost you a lump but it's the only way to go rather than pay off the whole contracts. And if the contracts aren't paid then after 2 or 3 months he handsets will be blocked making them useless to anyone until hey do get paid off. In the meantime, do call and ask to speak to the Payment Management Team to make provisions towards a payment plan.

I do hope your circumstances take a turn for the better soon. Good luck.

Message 13 of 15

Edwardo1690
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. There was a case at the local sheriff court lately relating to a mobile phone contract case. The sheriff threw it out of court, stating don't you know there's a serious financial crisis going on at the moment. 

Message 14 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Not sure why you needed to reopen a 5 year old thread with useless information... And it has to go a long way to get to court.. 😡

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 15 of 15