cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't not hear anyone when calling NO text's

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

For the last 3 months i have not been able to make calls or recvice text's. I have had to you the app tugo. I have been to the o2 shop and have had my sim card changed in both of my phones as i have 2 contract's with o2. I have been to manchester oldham bolton and still the can not make calls or recive or send texts. When i can call i can not hear the other person. I have tried the sim in another phone same problem. Tired it in different location doesnt work. I would like to cancel my contracts. This has become a joke as the people in the o2 shop said there is nothing they can do to help me. I rang o2 today things do not look good as i am still have the problem. I am sick of o2 been with them for a few years now its a joke 

Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

What does your service status say for your masts in those areas ?

See by going here and inputting your postcode : http://status.o2.co.uk

To make a formal complaint go here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

I don't think they will cancel your contract as they cover this in their t&c which you've signed up to.

Ie : the service is not fault free and is not available everywhere.

However they may provide a goodwill gesture for prolonged loss of service. They don't have to.

Help thread : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
Message 2 of 44

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

You said you've been a customer for a few years, but this problem began 3 months ago. Were you having any problems at all before this current problem began? Did anything change 3 months ago? Did you move? Did you get new phones? Do you have the problem everywhere you go, or just in the places you've mentioned? Have you spoken to anyone in Customer Services, or have you just asked in the O2 shop?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
There are no known major issues in those areas you mention. Some of our members live in those areas and whilst they have mentioned odd days with service issues it hasn't been constant for 3 months.
There must be something wrong with your sim or phone and as you have changed sim cards it must be a phone issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never had a problem with o2 untill 3 months ago. I just want to leave as i need a network that will do the job. 

Live results for B9 5RD, Birmingham, Birmingham

• Our network is currently working fine
    If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.
    Updated 17:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.
Message 5 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Most strange - I was in Bordesley Green earlier today and my phone worked fine....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been like this for 3 months and when i do get a phone call they cant hear me at all. Its also happen to my dad and sister phone who are also on o2

Message 7 of 44

Bambino
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Did your phone work when you were in the O2 shop? If it didn't, did an O2 employee see that for themselves? Did you ask them to send you a text when you were in the shop? Has this been happening to your dad's and sister's phones for the last three months as well?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked but they couldn't hear me when i rang the o2 shop telephone number. Yes it has been happening to me my dad and sister for the last 3 months. I am paying £24 for both phones and its a joke 

Message 9 of 44

Bambino
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

You didn't answer some of my earlier questions. Have you spoken to Customer Services? The numbers are available in the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 44