cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my device and how does it work?

Fran_P
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm a new pay monthly customer (came from Orange, after clearing my contract with them). I've had my Sony Xperia Z3 from O2 since 01/10/14, so I've had time to play with it, get a feel for it and so forth. Problem is, I'm not happy with it and would prefer a different device.

My main concern is that the Z3 feels too fragile (screen feels too plastic like) and I'm worried it's doomed if I was to accidently drop it. It's been close to falling off my table when I looked away as the device is really slippery.

Anyway, would I be eligible to change my device and how does it work? I came accross the returns form but that only seems to cover cancelling the whole contract, which I don't want to do. All I want to do is change my device.

Can anyone help me understand the process (that is assuming I'm eligible)?

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Clarification on this subject from a mod or from one of the O2 staff who have been contributing recently would be a great help, as the length of time for returns is a commonly asked question here.

Agreed Bambino, maybe @Toby @Anonymous @Anonymous or @Anonymous  could check for us?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 51

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
I think that may be the difference jonsie - The distinction between online and in store rings a bell now.....?

I can't see why there should be any difference as to how you order if honest.... #just saying

Something to do with distant selling regulations I would think...

Message 22 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

right, after having lots of fun reading the terms and conditions on the o2 website( I'm home and wont be back until Saturday) I found this:

16. Replacement of Device and Notice of Variation
16.1 If you change your Device during the Change of Mind Period or your Device is
replaced under Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement or Equipment Agreement (such as where for
example, the Device is faulty if you are entitled to a replacement under the Sale of Goods
Act 1979 but the same Device is not reasonably available) and the monthly Instalments and
Amount of Credit do not change, we may record this amendment by issuing a Notice of
Variation (“NOV”). The replacement Device will be at least equivalent to the original Device.
This Credit Agreement will be deemed to be amended accordingly. The NOV may be sent
via email or electronically and signed by you (including by electronic signature) before this
amendment takes effect.
16.2 For the avoidance of doubt, replacement of a Device under this clause 16 will not be a
disposal of a Device under clause 14 which would entitle us to require you to repay the full
Amount of Credit.

So first of all I need to make a correction, It was 7 days before, but and i think this is good news for you @Fran_P , it has changed back to 14 days in the last couple of months or so.

From what i read or understood from reading the number 16 of the refresh agreement u can exchange ur phone ,but because u exchange the handset u will need to sign a new credit agreement . Apologies for being boring and post being too long but here is yet another copy and paste to confirm this and to say that u can exchange it just once.

Our Change of Mind and our Returns & Repairs Policies

We understand that sometimes you may change your mind. That's why we have a 14-day Change of Mind period for all our customers. If you're not 100% happy with your purchase, here's what to do.

All of our customers have the right to cancel their contract within 14 days from when you sign up or when you get your sim and / or device (whichever one's later).

If you're a Refresh customer, you've the right to cancel your whole Refresh deal (both your Airtime Plan and Device Plan Credit Agreement) within those 14 days. Or you can change your device for another one but you can only do this once.

Hope this helps @Fran_P ! And @MI5 ur wishes are my command tongue

Message 23 of 51

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That helps a lot @Anonymous as we knew it had changed to 7 days but the website was back to saying 14 days. Thanks for clarifying slight_smile

Message 24 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
The returns policy changed at the same time the refresh plans were launched.
The 14 day returns policy only applies to refresh plans.
SIMO deals have a 7 day change of mind policy but depending on the advisor you get through to, as a gwg they may push through a disconnection or upgrade reversal if you have only gone over the 7 days by a day or so.
And if you take a contract or upgrade from a third party, such as CPW it is their returns policy which applies.
Hope this clarifies things for you all.
Message 25 of 51

Fran_P
  • 17 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all for the help (particularly rosadosc)!

Didn't expect to get much of a response here, so I'm pleasantly surprised by how many of you responded. A great welcome to O2 tongue 

Will have to give them another call in the morning as I haven't received a label by email.

To the person that asked which phone I'll be replacing it with: most likely a Galaxy S5. My old device, the Galaxy S3 was superb, I couldn't fault it. Had a fair few falls to the floor too, and came out unscathed! Passed it onto a friend when my contract was up with Orange(now EE) before I started with O2.

Message 26 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 27 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Thanks for that @Anonymous It has cleared up much confusion.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 51

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for that @Anonymous It has cleared up much confusion.:smileywink:

Seconded slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 29 of 51

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions