cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my device and how does it work?

Fran_P
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm a new pay monthly customer (came from Orange, after clearing my contract with them). I've had my Sony Xperia Z3 from O2 since 01/10/14, so I've had time to play with it, get a feel for it and so forth. Problem is, I'm not happy with it and would prefer a different device.

My main concern is that the Z3 feels too fragile (screen feels too plastic like) and I'm worried it's doomed if I was to accidently drop it. It's been close to falling off my table when I looked away as the device is really slippery.

Anyway, would I be eligible to change my device and how does it work? I came accross the returns form but that only seems to cover cancelling the whole contract, which I don't want to do. All I want to do is change my device.

Can anyone help me understand the process (that is assuming I'm eligible)?

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23523 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Sounds like you got in just under the wire. Did you get the name of the advisor you spoke to or a reference number for the call? Have they emailed you a returns label as mentioned by MI5 in an earlier post?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it was 14 day cool down period? http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

Fran_P I'm also thinking about returning my z3 compact. I've read a lot of complaints from people who have said their screens have a cracked by itself etc...

Which handset do you think you'll go for instead?
Message 12 of 51

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Very lucky that you just squeaked in and that you came here to ask tonight slight_smile
Just so you know, once the phone is received back at the depot they will scan it in and your account will update at midnight of the night they scan it and allow you the upgrade option again.
Make sure you send the phone back signed for and take some pictures of the condition of the phone, front and back, against the days newspaper to show the condition you sent it back in.
It goes without saying to make sure it is well protected for the post.
Good luck with you choice of next phone slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 51

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought it was 14 day cool down period? http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

Yes, indeed, that does say it's 14 days - Good spot slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
😕 conflicting information on various O2 pages though
Message 15 of 51

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
That's not unusual though 😞
I had some conflict in my mind between 7 and 14 days and I seem to remember it changing from one to the other, but I can't remember which way it changed now 😞
But, I have just checked all the old links I've got which used to mention 7 days and they all link to the page you've posted above now.
TBH I'd go with 14 days as been policy now.
Message 16 of 51

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I've always thought the 7 days was unreasonable. It had always been 14 days but f I remember correctly it was an O2 staff member who quoted the new 7 day rule but I'm sure that was when purchasing from instore and not online.

Message 17 of 51

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
I think that may be the difference jonsie - The distinction between online and in store rings a bell now.....?
Message 18 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I think that may be the difference jonsie - The distinction between online and in store rings a bell now.....?

I can't see why there should be any difference as to how you order if honest.... #just saying

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 51

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23523 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Clarification on this subject from a mod or from one of the O2 staff who have been contributing recently would be a great help, as the length of time for returns is a commonly asked question here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 20 of 51