cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Upgrade?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know there's probably loads of posts on here about this, but I can't find anything recent that doesn't mention o2 Refresh. It might also be a case of me being a bit thick.

So, I was looking at Myo2,  just out of interest to see when I was eligible for an upgrade, and it said a date of 24th March 2018, however, it also said that I have £0 left to pay on my existing contract. Does this mean I am eligible to upgrade now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! slight_smile

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Yes, O2 will offer you early upgrades providing you move onto a refresh contract. If you want to stay on a standard contract you will have to wait until your contract is complete or pay it off early.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
That's strange, because the upgrade date should tie in with your refresh payments, unless you have paid off your device early?
Either way, once the device plan is £0 you can upgrade, so go for it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can upgrade at anytime if you are on Refresh. If there are any fees left to pay it will say in your myo2 or an advisor will tell you when you do your upgrade 

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply!

I'm not on refresh or anything, just a regular plan. Just thought it looked a bit strange!

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I guess it says zero then as you don't have a device plan.
All mine are refresh contracts so I don't know how standard contracts are displayed.
Where did you take your contract from?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous How are you getting on with this? slight_smile

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I might need to look into Refresh a bit more then!

It just seems a bit confusing that it's saying I have a £0 balance, but then says that I'll have paid this off by the 24th March, but who knows?

I think I'll just have to wait til the end of March and see what happens lol

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Where did you get your contract from?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s a CPW Buyout most likely where O2 pay for your Fast Track Upgrade to O2 Refresh. If I’m right you will only be able to get Refresh not SIMO or a Standard tariff.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I got the contract through Carphone Warehouse, so I'm imagining @Anonymous is right and I'd only be able to upgrade through refresh, otherwise just wait it out.

Message 10 of 11