Did you mean: 

Calls from Three users say my number is unrecognised

Matt_98765
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I breifly joined Three last year until their terrible network service forced me to cancel almost immidietly and move my number over to O2. Recently I've been having an issue where some people cannot call or text me, they say because my number is unrecognised. After a bit of investigation everyone with the problem, it turns out, is on Three.

I spoke to O2 customer services and they told me to basically turn off the phone and turn it back on again, or have the people trying to call me do the same. Not incredibly helpful but they saw no reason my number should not be recognised. I went to Three with the problem via twitter and they say it's an issue for my network, not them.

I'm in a bit of a stalemate with neither comany wiling to look into the problem and blaming eachother. Has this been experienced in the past and resolved successfully?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Matt_98765 

This could be either an account issue or a network issue.

The fact that it is all from Three numbers is more likely just coincidence.

You can try a new sim card as a first step. Pop into any O2 store and get it done for free.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to get it escalated to the network team, so let us know if a new sim resolves it or not and we'll take it from there.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Matt_98765 just checking if you managed to get this sorted or are you still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3