cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding while Abroad - Charges Query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I've been searching for the answer to this question but can't find anything definitive, so trying here!
I am travelling overseas with my iPhone. I plan to set the call forwarding option on my phone to redirect all calls to a UK landline number while I'm away (it's actually a Skype number but that should make no difference).
I understand that I will be charged for calls TO my iPhone number which are redirected to the UK landline number which I set.
My question is - at what rate? Will it be:
1. Essentially UK to UK and included in my free minutes?
2. UK to UK but EXCLUDED from my free minutes?
3. Charged as a call from wherever my iPhone is physically in the world to the UK?
I guess this depends if, using call forwarding, the call ever reaches the handset. I would have assumed not, but I read in another post that all call forwarding does is direct the call to your phone which then dials back out to your forwarding number. Surely not?
If anyone knows for sure I'd love to know.
Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I think if you set the divert all to the uk landline before leaving the uk it will just be the uk divert charge.
Best to ring customer services and ask.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I would have thought your answer was correct but after ringing CS I find it's apparently not...
Apparently in this situation I'd be charged for receiving a call while overseas and making a call back to the UK concurrently every time anyone rang my (diverted) mobile. Doesn't sound quite right to me but I'm not chancing it!
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends which divert you set up. There are several different diverts. So both answers are correct, because the question doesn't specify which divert.
Message 4 of 4