cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUSTOMER SERVICE CHAT - COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the managers at O2 said the E-Top Up cards are discontinued and not in stock, the advisers on the chat still suggest visiting O2 shops in order to get one.

A different story:

One of the advisers offered me to have Warsaw as my CALL ME number in INTERNATIONAL FAVOURITES bolt-on and although all my 3 contacts from the bolton don't live in Warsaw and I said I didn't want it, he registered it.

The next advisers promised to delete that Warsaw CALL ME number as it was useless, but in result they changed it to Canberra and when I complained, changed it again to Luxembourg. Then another manager said that CALL ME NUMBER cannot be deleted....

So you spend a few days chatting and hearing just promises and false information.

They must think that their customers are idiots!

How ridiculous that all is!

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Fairly sure I'm not missing the point but with regards to live chat.... Chat is based both overseas and in the UK. You can normally tell where you are directed by the fragmented is of the English language. Overseas do not have access to all the systems that the UK advisers and sometimes they have to relay instructions to the UK to action certain requests by a customer. 

Sometimes this goes badly wrong as we have seen all too many times which is why for anything account related we advise speaking in person to an adviser. 

@jonsie    Just to be clear, I was not criticising you or the Community, nor was I discussing the merits or otherwise of Live Chat (which I acknowledged to be of variable quality in my own experience).  What I was attempting to do, as I have previously done, was to draw attention to what I see as a weakness in the O2 website insofar as it relates to Support, Help, Problem Solving or whatever you want to call it in the hope that there might be some discussion that might help identitfy any problems and stimulate ideas for solutions.  But if the Community Members are content with the status quo far be it from me to rock the boat.

Smiley LOL

Gerry

Message 21 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 123220 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Even though it was the OP MarioPolo who started this thread off by saying that Customer Service Chat-Complete waste of time....

All anyone has done on here, is try to give an explanation as to why that may be the case...

EDIT: I was not replying to the above post...the one before is the one I was responding to...but my slow typing causes me to 'miss the boat' wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
What we do not see / read to add balance to this topic is I presume the hundreds of people who have engaged with Live Chat ,and had their query resolved.

These people don't typically log onto the forum to give praise / thanks.
Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Throughout my time on the forum we have all come across posts from frustrated account holders who have been advised or given knowledge by the Online Live Chat Teams.
[snipped]
I believe the Live Chat people go from info / tech sheets and read from a script which can be linear at times.

On the occasions I've used them everything has been ok but then again only for low level general enquiries.

Does that make sense @Anonymous

Yes @Anonymous   I understand what you are saying.  I am just not sure that it is good practice to advise other O2 customers to avoid a service that O2 is providing and which presumably is meeting some needs.  I know much is made of the fact that some Accounts topics should be dealt with by calls to Customer Services rather than Live Chat.  Perhaps those topics could be more clearly identified up front on the Help pages.  Live Chat does list Accounts problems as on of the things people might want to talk about so presumably the Live Chat staff must have accounts access.

The one PLUS point about Live Chat of course is that one can come away from it (whether satisfied or not) with a TRANSCRIPT of the conversation should the need to take the matter further arise.

Enjoy the rest of your evening - no doubt you will be in front  of the goggle box cheering for the Pickled Cabbage men or the Lost Sons of Evita so I will shut up for a while!!!  Zipped

Gerry

Message 24 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

How I advise on an avenue to take is dependant on the issue that is presented.

We know to advise a person to perhaps not approach Live Chat for account enquiries or upgrades ,unless no other avenue is open to the Op.

I do not blanket advise not to use Live Chat as this service does have it's uses.
Message 25 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144813 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
I've used live chat quite a lot (deliberately) and have always had my issues resolved.
I know it goes wrong sometimes, but I think we only see the occasions when it does go wrong.... or maybe it depends on how you present your issue in the first place.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
We have no access to customer accounts...

What does "We have no access to customer accounts" mean actually?
If you have access to the customer's current balance, the account holder's name and can see what calls they made, etc. so you have the access, don't you?

Message 27 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live chat have access to those things.

On here The Community is used by o2 customers helping other o2 customers. We on here are unable to access your account I'm afraid.
Message 28 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jonsie is saying we are customers too and as such cannot access other peoples accounts to help.

Some people post here thinking we are O2 support staff. slight_smile
Message 29 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 123220 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I can't understand why this is going on and on if honest...It was made quite clear to the op that we are a customer to customer forum. We don't work for O2, live chat or CS....

We are, once and for all, CUSTOMERS

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 30