cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUSTOMER SERVICE CHAT - COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the managers at O2 said the E-Top Up cards are discontinued and not in stock, the advisers on the chat still suggest visiting O2 shops in order to get one.

A different story:

One of the advisers offered me to have Warsaw as my CALL ME number in INTERNATIONAL FAVOURITES bolt-on and although all my 3 contacts from the bolton don't live in Warsaw and I said I didn't want it, he registered it.

The next advisers promised to delete that Warsaw CALL ME number as it was useless, but in result they changed it to Canberra and when I complained, changed it again to Luxembourg. Then another manager said that CALL ME NUMBER cannot be deleted....

So you spend a few days chatting and hearing just promises and false information.

They must think that their customers are idiots!

How ridiculous that all is!

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think many people have complaints about O2 Live Chat @Anonymous It is rare that we recommend them for anything other than low level queries Smiley Frustrated

Some might suggest that this Forum provides more help for O2 users.

Some might indeed @Cleoriff and yet others might say that this Forum too often refers people to Customer Services. Now the latter advice may indeed be the correct advice in particular circumstances - but something must be wrong if so many people who need assistance arrive in the Forum only to find that the required help is not in fact available here and the only advice they get is to contact Customer Services or call in to an O2 shop.  Is there a web design problem here that has not been properly identified and thought through.  Surely it cannot be beyond the ability of systems analysts and software engineers to develop an algorithm that will guide searchers to where they are most likely to obtain assistance?

Yes, I know.  I live in a fantasy world.

Gerry

Message 11 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Where it's possible we always try to help but in some cases where a problem is account specific only customer service can help.

We have no access to customer accounts but have experience in most things specific to certain types of phones and O2 policy and procedures which we are more than willing to share with fellow customers sometimes despite sarcastic comments from users when they don't hear what they want to hear or God forbid we happen to disagree with their viewpoints.

I think you do us a little bit of a disservice @Gerry. Don't forget people give up their time voluntarily to try and help and to engage with others on the community albeit from my present location in the pub.

Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Certainly a conundrum.

Speak to Cs not Live Chat.

slight_smile

Hi @Anonymous    "speak to Cs rather than Live Chat"  seems to be something of a mantra  now but it must  be very confusing for customers who are coming to this Forum because they have a problem (whether real or imaginary).  It does not yet appear to be common knowledge that the O2 Community is not in fact representative of O2, but is rather a conglomeration of the knowledge and experience of ordinary O2 customers.  It must seem very odd then for people to be told don't approach this section of O2 go to that section of O2 because this part of O2 (the Community) cannot help you.  

Live Chat can, I know, be of variable quality.  I have had some very good Live Chat experiences and some quite dreadful as well (but I have also had some terrible calls to Customer Services. At least on Live Chat you get an opportunity to type in what you want to say.  On the phone it is sometimes like trying to stop a tsunami to get a word in.  

In Live Chat you are asked at the outset what you want to talk about and the choices include purchases, accounts, technical help and faults.    So my question is what information or facilities or expertise is available to CS staff that is NOT available to Live Chat staff?  Why should there be a difference in the way customers are treated? Is the Community being fair in diverting customers away from Live Chat?

Gerry

Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@I think you do us a little bit of a disservice @Anonymous. Don't forget people give up their time voluntarily to try and help and to engage with others on the community albeit from my present location in the pub.

Hi @jonsie I'm afraid you have missed the point of my message.  I most certainly am NOT doing the Community a disservice at all and having myself been the recipient of help, and if I may also say friendship, from several of the volunteers on a number of occasions I am only too happy to acknowledge once again the sterling work that is done here.  If it were otherwise I would not spend so much of my time in the Community pages!!!

The point I was making is that if the number of cases in which the correct Community response is " we cannot help try CS" is increasing (and perhaps I am wrong in my perception of that.  I don't have any statistics) - then it is perhaps time for someone to be asking why that is. 

Gerry

Message 14 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Most of the posts made on the forum can be dealt with by the members here ,and as such many leave with their issue resolved or knowledge on where to go next.

Their is always going to be those posts where account access is required ,but these are not the majority of the posts needing help.

I do feel sometimes that some posters think that O2 are responding to them personally. slight_smile

The primary goal for me is to ensure that the person posting knows their are people listening ,and willing to help as best they can.

Does that make sense.
Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Throughout my time on the forum we have all come across posts from frustrated account holders who have been advised or given knowledge by the Online Live Chat Teams.

Sometimes this information has been wrong or not exact. We always try to let site management know who can then feed this back. After all we are all human.

Not too long ago we were advised online live chat reps were undergoing extra training to help resolve some of the Mis communication.

When someone is needing account related assistance I do suggest contacting the Uk Customer Service people so important info can be given ,hopefully correctly ,to the poster can then make an informed decision.

I believe the Live Chat people go from info / tech sheets and read from a script which can be linear at times.

On the occasions I've used them everything has been ok but then again only for low level general enquiries.

Does that make sense @Anonymous
Message 16 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
@Anonymous

I have used live chat few times and have never had a problem with them at all
They have always answered my questions and I think it depends on who u get to chat with probably...
Message 17 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Fairly sure I'm not missing the point but with regards to live chat.... Chat is based both overseas and in the UK. You can normally tell where you are directed by the fragmented is of the English language. Overseas do not have access to all the systems that the UK advisers and sometimes they have to relay instructions to the UK to action certain requests by a customer. 

Sometimes this goes badly wrong as we have seen all too many times which is why for anything account related we advise speaking in person to an adviser. 

Message 18 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

.....On the phone it is sometimes like trying to stop a tsunami to get a word in. ......

.....In Live Chat you are asked at the outset what you want to talk about ....... So my question is what information or facilities or expertise is available to CS staff that is NOT available to Live Chat staff?  Why should there be a difference in the way customers are treated? Is the Community being fair in diverting customers away from Live Chat?

Gerry

Very true. Let me shake your hand, mate.

Message 19 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very true. Let me shake your hand, mate.

Consider it shaken, @Anonymous Wave

Message 20 of 30