Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying more data

Gregory
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How can I stop my daughter buying more data without my consent?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Gregory 

You have a few choices.

1) Take the phone off her

2) Change to PAYG and you can tell her she can only top up with your permission or if she pays for it herself.

3)Tell her she has to pay for additional bolt ons herself.

4) Change your My O2 password so she has no access to it at all

She really has to take responsibility for her own actions).

I bought my grandson a contract phone and told him if he went over his allowances, he would pay the difference. He has always remained within his limit.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Gregory 

You have a few choices.

1) Take the phone off her

2) Change to PAYG and you can tell her she can only top up with your permission or if she pays for it herself.

3)Tell her she has to pay for additional bolt ons herself.

4) Change your My O2 password so she has no access to it at all

She really has to take responsibility for her own actions).

I bought my grandson a contract phone and told him if he went over his allowances, he would pay the difference. He has always remained within his limit.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Gregory, I hope you find the advice above useful and that it will help you manage your daughter's device better slight_smile Thanks @Cleoriff for sharing all those tips!

There's also some good information here, which you might find interesting thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Not directly related to your problem, @Gregory, but demonstrative of a solution that seemed extreme to a vexing problem:

When bemoaning to his 2nd year tutorial group that his daughter's nail-biting habit was distressing him, a lecturer listened as one of the group offered the following options as a solution: "Well, either pull all her teeth out, or chop off her hands."

In the stony silence that followed, said lecturer looked shocked as the others in the group tried to stifle their guffaws.

He never shared his daughter's foibles with his tutorial group again...

PS. I hope you find a solution that is less drastic than the proposal proffered above!
Message 4 of 4