cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Mast - Complaint

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a little problem, mid december o2 mast nearby my house went wrong and I dont get any signal at home or get very little signal. I am bound with o2 with a 24m contract (14 months left) and I am trying to cancel my contract without caneclation fees. Do you have any experience with it? I was very happy with o2 so far even with the fact that 4g implementation in Bristol is so much behing EE and Three.

So far I have written complaint but they offered my only "beer money" without any deadline when my services will be restored.

Do you have any experience with o2 not providing service they used to or with early contract cancellation?

I am having problems using my phone at my home address for almost 2 months.

Many Thanks

P.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
here is update if anyone is interested. o2 has given me one of £20 discount + £5 discount for 12 months and they also have done something to improve my signal. signal strength is nowhere near what it used to be but I can use my phone without bigger problems.

Many thanks for all the help and support by the look of it o2 is not letting customers go easily. to be hones I am happy with resolution of the problem. I hope that permanent problem fix will be done in days or weeks not months

Cheers
piotroek

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They have it covered in their T&C's by saying they can't guarantee coverage 100% of the time, however, 2 months would seem to indicate additional problems so all I can suggest is that you keep on trying CS and see if you get anyone who is prepared to cancel for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have heard in exceptional circumstances where a contract has been quashed if the phone is returned.

You would have to push for something like that.

They do cover themselves in their T&C.look at the link at the foot of the forum page.

Have you considered Tugo for contract customers that works off wifi ?

You can keep checking your masts.

Input your Full Post Code here to check your local Masts ->

http://status.o2.co.uk {If a mast shows an issue a customer can now ask Customer Services to keep them updated on its Status via Text or eMail}

Edit / spelling.
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They do offer TuGo as a fallback within your home. You would have more chance if there was no coverage for months but you do have some coverage albeit not what it was. All you can do is keep complaining but if you are on a refresh contract you do have the option of paying the handset off and walking away.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately the network will never tell you how long it will be to get a mast fix so could go on a while.

This personally happened to me and i sent in a complaint.

Section 2.2 of their t's & c's state "You're entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care" and "if something goes wrong, we'll try to fix it quickly" both of which this lack of service for that long a period goes against.

After rejecting their first offer and then asking for a notice of "deadlock", they offered to cease my contract completely free if i sent back my handset.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep checking mast and it has something recorded against it...

Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working

This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 16:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Tugo app is a joke, its not reliable, I could use it to place calls but would not trust with receiving calls, additionally wifi does not work in every place in my house.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Admittedly Tugo can be glitchy but it also is a good alternative for some with no signal.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you tried the latest version of Tugo as it has recently had an update ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
here is update if anyone is interested. o2 has given me one of £20 discount + £5 discount for 12 months and they also have done something to improve my signal. signal strength is nowhere near what it used to be but I can use my phone without bigger problems.

Many thanks for all the help and support by the look of it o2 is not letting customers go easily. to be hones I am happy with resolution of the problem. I hope that permanent problem fix will be done in days or weeks not months

Cheers
piotroek
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good resuly and thanks for the update. Let's hope you get further improvement soon

Message 10 of 10