Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network for 5 months, date keeps rolling

JamesM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Posting on here as not sure what else to do. Signal went down on October 14th, message and app said a local traffic incident had damaged the mast… i live close to it and didn’t notice but ok fair enough. Said give them 48 hours but that changed to end of October, then multiple dates across Nov-Jan and now it’s mid feb. No one knows anything when you call, all they can tell me is what I can already see on the app. Someone must know if the parts ordered, when it arrives, if the works booked in etc? Does anyone know how I get an answer or how to complain at the right level as I keep getting shut down and told it’s pointless by the people on the phones. I’ve got 5 contracts in the family that are all currently pretty useless!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144952 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

O2 will never tell you @JamesM 

All you can do is check here for updates O2 Service Status

Complaints process is here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use resolver for best results.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

JamesM
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. It’s so bizarre that it’s knowledge they don’t provide their customer assistants with. Someone’s got it… anyway, thank you.

Message 3 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10273 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@JamesM 

The reason they dont provide it the Customer Services team, is to not set unrealisitic expectations, as things in the IT Infrastructure realm at the moment are so fluid that things change daily on lead times, and things are always been pushed out, wich sounds like what has happened here..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 13

Heka
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm walking in exactly the same shoes. 

O2 switched off the service in last May at my workplace where i mainly (would) use mobile internet. Customer service is unavailable. Callback is unavailable. Whenever i can reach online chat, we run the same circles. Try to restart the phone, change sim card, again and again. Im tired, i fed up. 8 months of struggling. Enough. Ive cancelled my direct debits, and i go to the court if its needed. They said, theres no guarantee that theres a good signal everywhere. Yes, but it used to work here, this is why i signed the contract for 3 years. Believe me, nobody cares. Nobody at all. Maybe i go to the shop personally and make myself visible, if you know what i mean.

Message 5 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

@Heka Cancelling you direct debit is absolutely the worse thing to do  however frustrated

O2 will simply pass your details to a debt recovery company who will take on the debt and it's them you will be fighting. Experience says the customer seldom wins.

Your credit records will be ruined so say goodbye to another contract, loans or the chance of a mortgage. 

I'll ask one of our forum advisors to contact you

@O2Emma can you help @Heka ?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10273 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Heka 

If they turned off service, then either your employer has terminated the deal with o2 to provide service, or where the mast was, has been decommissioned due to the landlord not wanting a mast on their property, and wanting normally to sell the land on, BT have had this problem.. 

o2 DO NOT provide 100% geographical coverage and no network does..   

Best thing to do is pay off your contract and move elsewhere, as you could be in a land of hope waiting for someone to agree to new mast been put up.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 13

Heka
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You might be right. But what can i do? Ive been trying to contact to the customer service for 8 months. Nobody listens. I got stuck with this contract which doesnt work anymore. Ive been paing for an unavailable network for 8 months. Even the horsedck has an end. In a normal country companies like this would burn.

Message 8 of 13

Heka
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You might be right, but its their problem. They dont care how i earn my money to pay my bills either. My employer use o2 phones too and we struggle with all of them too, but its not my problem, its not what i pay for. This is a huge industrial estate, please find a place for a mast if they want to collect money from customers. This is a malicious way how this company works. They make people (and companies) sign long term contracts, then they switch off the service but keep collecting money. They ignore all the complaints, make customer service unavailable, and customer shall go to the dck of the death. 

Message 9 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

As I said earlier I would tag an advisor.

However it is late, so if she doesn't reply I'll ask @O2Ryan to pick it up in the morning.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 13