Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth

Strawbers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having trouble connecting phone to Bluetooth devises. My previous iPhone lost all Bluetooth connections as well
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Strawbers Which iPhone do you have now? Did you ever get the connection back on your previous phone? If so, what did you do? Are you able to get to an Apple store and book a genius appointment?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here’s the Genius Bar link to make an appointment https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27618 Solutions
What phone and what device are you trying to connect to?
Do you still have Bluetooth turned on?
It’s extremely rare for devices to simply lose connections though so it could be something you are doing that is affecting this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

In my practical experience IOS bluetooth espcially on 7's and ive also heard on 8's can be a bit flakey. I have a 7 plus and it occasionally refuses point blank to stay connected to my car- solution? turn it off leave for 10 minutes turn back on and away we go connected first time and stays connected.

so in the terminology of all our IT engineering friends -Re boot.

Alternatively remove all of the devices from your bluetooth list on your phone ensure you have bluetooth turned on and where appropriate turn on the allow devices to find your phone option and re connect them all as new connections that will porbably sort it for you.

If it doesn't there is of course the possiblity that you haveda faulty 'phone in which case it will need to go to hopsital!

Message 5 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Strawbers, and welcome to the Community sun Please let us know how you get on with this, and make any progress with your phone's bluetooth! 

Thanks @Bambino, @Anonymous, @MI5 and @jezza1234 for sharing some advice smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

Strawbers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had iPhone 7, it worked for 18 months then one day just disconnected itself couldn’t get it to work on any of my Bluetooth devises. Asked o2 in store and was advised to download new update which I did in store still didn’t work but then lost battery life. Recharged battery lost full charge within 10 mins so cut my losses and upgraded to iPhone 8plus and still can connect to Bluetooth
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27618 Solutions
Sounds like you might have an app controlling your Bluetooth settings which has been restored to the new phone then?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8