cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I have never missed a payment except one at Xmas I was cut off and then all outgoing calls were barred(with NO notification) so I had to call on a landlines to pay. I think O2 are one of the worstime providers on the market. Thank the maker my contract ends in 2 months so I never have to suffer this crappy service again.
Advisors are very helpful but the company has just lost out on a customer they have had for years and I'm going to tell anyone that will listen how bad they treat long term customers
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unfortunately if you don't pay, you get cut off.
It's really quite straightforward.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unfortunately if you don't pay, you get cut off.
It's really quite straightforward.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous  Just in case you aren't aware, your contract will not just end in two month's time. You have to give 30 days notice that you don't want your contract to continue. Otherwise it will become a 30 day rolling contract, and you will still have to give 30 days notice. Alternatively, if you are intending to leave O2, you can ask for your PAC at any time if you want to keep your number. Using your PAC with another provider will cancel your O2 contract immediately. You will just have to pay off the remainder of what you owe. If it's a Refresh contract you would have to pay off the device. You can cancel the air time at no extra charge. If it's a standard contract you would have to pay the entire remainder.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your predicament was not o2's fault so you cannot blame them & they were within their rights to bar any calls 

Message 4 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions
You have been treated in every way exactly the same as all mobile networks work, if you dont pay, you get barred, and it isnt with out notifications, o2 will email you, call you and text you, and then bar outgoing calls..

If you ever have payment issues best to talk to them immediately, they can and will sort something out, trust ive been their when someone wiped my account through fraud... o2 where awesome in how they dealt with it..

No sympathy from me at all..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Miss a payment with any network and you get cut off so without doubt, in your opinion, they all provide a crappy service. by the way, a missed payment showing as a default on your credit file may well have a bearing on whether a new network will give you a contract...

Message 6 of 9

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I'm really  sorry to hear that you were cut off for not paying you bill on time, any network provider would do the same. Its a automated process not only to protect o2 from scam accounts its also to protect the customer if something has drastically has gone wrong maybe phone stolen or misplaced. 

With the fact you have perfect payment history networks providers cannot choose who to bar as its discrimination and illegal. From the worse payer to the best its equal, miss a payment you get barred. You don't need a notification to be told this as most people are aware this will happen.

But it is o2 policy to try and notify you off A possible bar. I would make sure your email, address and contact number are up to date. Again that is your responsibility not o2. But o2 always ask you when you call to update your details if case of this happening to your account

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 7 of 9

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Guys, never mind O2... I went to tesco today for breakfast and my card was declined.... and they didnt just give my stuff on a promise to pay later. Shocking...! I'll never use tesco again.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions