cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being removed off imei blacklist

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take to be taken off imei blacklist, customer services have filled the form request for me to be removed off the blacklist, how long does the whole process take ?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

My device is on the blacklist database, the iPad was purchased out right, I have put a new payandgo sim in for my son to use while we travels long journeys, the iPad has never been reported lost or stolen, I have it it from new, but I did have a pay monthly SIM card in for 12 months then after that ended I never put a SIM card in for 5/6 months until last week to find its blacklisted, o2 assured me it wasn’t blocked but sent a form to have it unblocked just to be safe.

Message 11 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123050 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

If you bought it from new and have used it and never reported it lost or stolen, I can't see how it has become blacklisted. (sorry... not arguing but that doesn't make any sense at all)

I think it's more to do with it being pay monthly for a year and now you have a pay and go sim....It appears somethng isn't working with that changeover....(unless O2 have made a major mistake)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this device with o2 and is this a personal experience and how long ago was this please ?

Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did chase them up they said the form has been sent please wait for it to be removed from the blacklist database, they didn’t give me a time frame.

Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I hardrest the iPad it connects to the network for 5 seconds then back to no service.
Message 15 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27719 Solutions
If they said it wasn’t blacklisted it may not be and could be some other issue.
You can check it yourself here
https://www.checkmend.com/eu/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already checked with checkmend.

Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Performed
Ever blocked
Caution
Currently blocked
Warning
Lost
Clear
Stolen
Clear
Insurance claim
Clear
Possible counterfeit
Clear
Registered owner
Clear
Possible clone
Clear
Contract status
Clear
Recipero AssetWatchTM
Clear
THIS IS THE CHECKMEND REPORT
Message 18 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27719 Solutions
Must be a mistake by o2 then.
Shouldn’t take long now if they really have raised the correct paperwork.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope they requested a network unlock not a IMEI unblock wait 72hrs again 

Message 20 of 24