cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barred iPhone and £1100 gone from my bank

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a 2nd phone with O2 don't use it much. I have come to use it again and it just says no service. I've looked at my account this morning and O2 have taken just over £1100 which it seems for the cost of the device. Is there a way of getting the phone reconnected and some of the money back? I'm a good customer spending over £150 a month on my main phone plus an iPad with them.
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spoken to O2 and they have sorted it. For some reason the DD didn't go but the others did. Strange!! Anyway I'm relieved to have the money back in my account.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
They have taken £660 which I assume is the device plan and £479 which I think can only be the bill. I've never had any problems with my bills in the 10+ years I've been with them, spending a minimum of £100 each month. One month after 6 weeks in Brazil was £1700 which was paid on time. They tell me that I am a platinum customer. I don't mind paying whatever I owe in call time and tariffs but if they refuse to return the £660 device plan they will lose a customer
Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum. We have no access to your account at all. Only O2 can sort this for you. You need to ring them as soon as possible http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Was just after some advice before calling them
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have read your posts again and it does look as if they have taken everything 'they think' is owed on the iPhone...then cut it off ....which is what I dont understand?  There would have been no need to bar the phone if full payment had been made (Unless payment had been outstanding for some time) As I say, without any account details, ringing CS is the only advice we can give really.... Best of luck. Its a hell of a lot of money to be taken out of your account...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's all I had. They've taken the lot.
Message 6 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When you say you haven't used it for a while,  did you miss a payment.? Shouldn't happen if you are on a direct debit but you need to speak to them to find out why this has happened. 

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone should have a direct debit in place then this sort of thing won't occur
Message 8 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

He has a dd but for whatever reason o2 have taken the full amount of the refresh contract. I can only think that it failed to take last month for some reason? 

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a 2nd phone with O2 don't use it much. I have come to use it again and it just says no service. I've looked at my account this morning and O2 have taken just over £1100 which it seems for the cost of the device. Is there a way of getting the phone reconnected and some of the money back? I'm a good customer spending over £150 a month on my main phone plus an iPad with them.

Whatever issue there may have been with the account, I'm surprised that O2 didn't seek to find a resolution, before they took such action. That's the first question that I would want answering.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Message 10 of 18