Did you mean: 

Awful 4G Speeds

Grimers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I am in the process of moving to 3 due to awful 4G speeds on O2 in my area. My concern is that I could potentially incur an early termination fee of nearly £300, but I can't justify paying that because frequently I couldn't use the 4G service (slow speeds/non-existent connectivity even with good phone signal), which meant it was not just having a major impact on my personal life but also my ability to run my own business. I have acquired a PAC code, but my number has not been moved over to 3 yet. I have tried to raise a special case with O2, but most people I have talked to have emphasised that I will need to pay the fee, only 1 person said they could waver it. If I do have to pay it, then I will have to move back to yourselves, but then I will not be able to use the 4G service that I have paid £25/month for, which I think isn't acceptable.

I would be interested to know where to go from here.

Thank you!

Will

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Grimers 

Officially, you need to follow the complaints process and see if they will give you written confirmation to leave without penalty.

They may do if you have a refresh contract and return the phone https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Grimers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5,

Thanks for your reply.

I am already in a coversation with a Resolution Expert via email, so I will see what they say.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Good luck

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4