cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other O2 customers having issues with the new ONLINE payment system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a query,

Since O2 have moved over to their new online payment system I cannot pay my bills using my RBS visa debit card. The system works ok if I use my Visa or Mastercard credit cards but I don't want to use credit to pay my bills!!!

The old system would pop up the RBS password verification system that you entered characters from your password into. However, the new system briefly pops up this box but then flashes off before any characters have a chance to be entered. Then a message pops up stating that the transaction has failed and to contact my bank.....

I have subsequently found that my card is no longer accepted on the automated system (202) and that the customer services reps cannot get it through the system.

To clarify, it is ONLY O2 where I am having issues using this card, everywhere else, wether it be online or in a shop, has no issues whatsoever...

So has anyone else had these or similar issues and have O2 managed to resolve them for you?

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Can you just imagine the number of people whose phones will be disconnected Christmas Day?

Message 21 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous, hi.

I shall talk to the rest of the team about your issues!

I am also gathering all of the feedback from everyone, so thanks for this! I'll share it with the team to see if the access can be improved.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 124146 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I think this is so damn serious actually. Customers trying to pay and having all methods refused. So due to an ongoing system error by O2.... customers will have phones cut off and a default placed on their account (as I have no doubt THAT part will still be working) Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff,

I agree with you and we'll try to get this rectified asap. I'm online tomorrow also, so shall continue to work with the team.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 76

MI5
  • 146758 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
*Cough* Direct debit *Cough*
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 25 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most helpful......The reason I cancelled all my DD's was because I wanted them all to come out on 22nd of each month (payday) and none of the call centre advisors at the time were willing to sit through setting up 5 DD's and changing 5 lots of billing dates.....
Message 26 of 76

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I've always found customer service to be very accomodating but you can only speak as you find.

Message 27 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 124146 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
*Cough* Direct debit *Cough*

No need for coughing @MI5...it is top of the Ways to Pay guidelines. wink

Nowadays getting them set up appears to be an issue though (if you didn't do it at start of contract)...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 76

MI5
  • 146758 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Call 5 times and do one each call.....?
Anyway, I'm sure it's not a case of setting up 5 DD's. Just a date change on the existing one surely...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 29 of 76

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 30 of 76