cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other O2 customers having issues with the new ONLINE payment system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a query,

Since O2 have moved over to their new online payment system I cannot pay my bills using my RBS visa debit card. The system works ok if I use my Visa or Mastercard credit cards but I don't want to use credit to pay my bills!!!

The old system would pop up the RBS password verification system that you entered characters from your password into. However, the new system briefly pops up this box but then flashes off before any characters have a chance to be entered. Then a message pops up stating that the transaction has failed and to contact my bank.....

I have subsequently found that my card is no longer accepted on the automated system (202) and that the customer services reps cannot get it through the system.

To clarify, it is ONLY O2 where I am having issues using this card, everywhere else, wether it be online or in a shop, has no issues whatsoever...

So has anyone else had these or similar issues and have O2 managed to resolve them for you?

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149342 Posts
  • 699 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
I do wish they would test these new interfaces before making them live.
With so many failings of different systems I'm amazed the web devs employed by o2 still have jobs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 125928 Posts
  • 1077 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Problem is...it's O2 fault ...but the customers who pay the penalty for an O2 system failure...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 76

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 708 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23987 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

If O2 are going to allow people to pay by alternative methods other than direct debit, at least sort the system out so it works. Customers could potentially have credit rating and connection problems for bills that are unpaid because of this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 76

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for my late response! I have been away on holiday. Are you still having these issues? I'll talk to the rest of the team, but let me know if you have seen an improvement! 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 76

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you spoken to customer service about this yet? If so, please let me know about your latest chat with them and what they said :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 76

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Toby, I've been having this issue for a month now, plus the added inconvenience of O2 removing the old payment system means online payments aren't happening atm.
What ever system they added for payments, to fit in the newer layout, does not work
Message 17 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Toby,

I have spoken to about six C/S reps at the moment, with the exception of Frank from the Glasgow call centre not one of the others has been willing to try and help.

On Saturday I rang in the morning tried the automated system, payment failed, got put through to C/S who tried to put the payment through it failed.

Saturday afternoon, online payment failed, 202 automated failed. C/S rep, "Oh it must be a problem with your card".... Explained that the problem only started when O2 changed their payment sytem and that I had confirmed with my bank that htere was no issues (inc security barring) with my card...He then went away to speak to his supervisor. He came back approx 15 seconds later to tell me that there was an issue with the payments sytem and to call back in 48 hours... I explained that I had had the issue since last month, he told me his supervisor had said that there was an issue with the payments sytem since yesterday....Call back in 48 hours....I then asked to set up direct debits for my five phones instead..."Yes we can do that for you, call back in 48 hours"......I hung up.....

Monday got in from work. One online payment cleared, the next failed. 202 automated failed, C/S rep failed, I explained to her the issues I had been having, she said she would look into it and call me back within 30 minutes......Still waiting for that to happen.

Tuesday, Online failed, 202 automated one went through the next failed. C/S Frank (brilliantly helpful) one went through the next failed...... We then set up direct debits for all phones to come out on the 22nd of each month......

My problem hasn't been resolved, just sidestepped!!!

Message 18 of 76

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Pretty much same here.
Message 19 of 76

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Screenshot_2015-12-23-17-01-17.png

This is it, bank confirms nothing wrong their end. (3 different banks)

Message 20 of 76