Did you mean: 

Advice for helping resolve Credit Score complaint

Nat27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya,

I recently opened a complaint about O2 damaging my credit score and wanted to know what else I can do to help/move it along.

Last year because of price increases I was able to cancel my O2 SIM fee free, but was charged anyway which is now down as a default on my score.

I've sent all the info in the complaint including documents;

- Email from Virgin (was a package with my O2 SIM) confirming there was no fee whatsoever for cancelling early

- Letter from debt recovery agency confirming the debt is in O2's hands and not being handled by them

- Call logs showing I've spent hours on the phone with O2 trying to resolve before resorting to a complaint

Is there anything else that I can send to them to help? I am wishing that I had a call recorder working at the time I called to cancel the damn contract, but unfortunately not. I asked multiple times if there was any fee and never had any doubt there wasn't.

Thanks for any advice!

Nathan

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Hollie2320 

If you want to know more about credit reference agencies (CRAs), please see :-

Credit | ICO

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/credit/

That page says :-

The three main consumer CRAs in the UK are Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.

There is also lots of useful information on that page which I would suggest that you read. You might be particularly interested in the section entitled :-

What should I do if my credit file is inaccurate?

It is not clear from your posts as to whether you have engaged with O2's "Credit File Referral Team", which I detailed above. Have you contacted them ? 

Message 11 of 11