Did you mean: 

Advice for helping resolve Credit Score complaint

Nat27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya,

I recently opened a complaint about O2 damaging my credit score and wanted to know what else I can do to help/move it along.

Last year because of price increases I was able to cancel my O2 SIM fee free, but was charged anyway which is now down as a default on my score.

I've sent all the info in the complaint including documents;

- Email from Virgin (was a package with my O2 SIM) confirming there was no fee whatsoever for cancelling early

- Letter from debt recovery agency confirming the debt is in O2's hands and not being handled by them

- Call logs showing I've spent hours on the phone with O2 trying to resolve before resorting to a complaint

Is there anything else that I can send to them to help? I am wishing that I had a call recorder working at the time I called to cancel the damn contract, but unfortunately not. I asked multiple times if there was any fee and never had any doubt there wasn't.

Thanks for any advice!

Nathan

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126093 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Nat27 

I'm afraid it's down to sheer perseverence with O2. Try the social route. (you may have to nudge them a few times but they tend to be better than calling).

Message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help. Or call them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract)

4445 or 0344 809 0222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Best of luck x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Nat27 

The Credit File Referral (CFR) team is who you need to speak to.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com or amendmentteam@o2.com

Or you can write or fax them :-

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

Message 3 of 11

Nat27
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys but I've exhausted my patience and time in the day off work I can sink into hold music while being shuffled between different departments.

Either nobody can do what I'm asking or they don't want to. If raising to the Ombudsman is my only option, then it's no problem waiting 8 more weeks on top of the year that has gone since this started in order to get a result.

My question was whether there's anything more I can do to get the ball rolling. I've given the documents in my first post, and explained it all in the complaint. Is it just a case of waiting or will more calls achieve something?

Message 4 of 11

Oxonian
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Have you actually contacted the Credit File Referral Team @Nat27 ? 

Ultimately, they are the team who need to deal with this, so there is no point in my view in trying further 'phone calls but an e-mail, letter or fax to that team might be productive. 👍  

Message 5 of 11

Nat27
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Honestly in hours worth of phone calls, specifically about a credit score, a credit referral team was not mentioned once. If you think it'll help I'll forward everything including the complaint ID to them tonight.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 11

Oxonian
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Nat27 

I cannot say for sure that it will resolve your problem, but they are the team who can resolve your predicament. 

If you search this forum for "Credit File Referral Team", you will find plenty of posts referencing their work. 👍

Message 7 of 11

Hollie2320
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Nat, Im so sorry your going through this too, we are having the same problem! would really appreciate any advice if you have got any further? 

Thanks 

Hollie

Message 8 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11617 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Hollie2320 

I would raise a query with the CRA's and provide as much evidence as you can and hopefully within a few weeks to a couple of months it should be removed unless o2 can prove it is a legitimate marker on your credit file.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 9 of 11

Hollie2320
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so we raised a dispute with the transunion and they investigated and rejected it even though we have never missed a payment as it was cancelled with in the cooling off period. It is all O2s error which we have in an email of them admitting their mistake! 

are the CRA's something different? 

Message 10 of 11