Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed For The Best Tariff Or Bolt On For Calls

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

My nan has one of those big buttoned easy phones and she wants to use it to call landlines.

We put her on the O2 Unlimited tariff with a Landline 100 bolt on, however she has used all of her allowance already after only 2 or 3 weeks.

I have tried to suggest to her doing a speed dial for mobile numbers as she gets unlimited calls to O2 numbers, however she definitely does not want to do that.

Can anyone suggest a tariff or bolt on which she could use? She is old and doesn't want to mess around calling mobiles as the numbers are too long for her, so she would like a tariff or bolt on for landline numbers only.

I did a livechat with O2 but they were not helpful - they simply said she will be charged for calls now that her bolt on allowance has been used up.

All suggestions would be most appreciated! slight_smile

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

I know what the OP said, but the discussion has carried on because it's very possible that the OP's nan doesn't realise that the difference between Pay & Go and a one month contract is minimal. If the OP was able to explain that, it might help to resolve the problem.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 41 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
But the op stated it has to be payg so what more explanation do you require
Message 42 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think time to bring this to a close. Gemma has a wide range of views and ideas to work on that hopefully will provide a suitable option for her nan.

Personally if the signal is up to the job then given the usage she is likely to go for I would recommend the Three option.
Message 43 of 48

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

I agree that this should be brought to a close, but I will say as a last thought that even though the OP said it had to be Pay & Go there was no harm in offering an alternative.  

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 44 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
All we can do is enlighten @gemz4the1 to all the avenues available and hopefully something will agree with her Nan.
Message 45 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so all agreed then closed slight_smile
Message 46 of 48

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Wow I go offline for a few days and I miss all of this. Surprised

Firstly, we top up my nans phone for her when it needs topping up - we regularly check her balance. 

Secondly, we would never even dream of getting a 30 day contact or any other contract out without my nans knowledge.

Thirdly, the post was for advice on O2 PAYG call tariffs or bolt ons only and not for people to question why my nan wants that.

Topic is now closed

Message 47 of 48

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

It is not always helpful to question why an OP wants to do things in a certain way, especially when they are speaking on behalf of a family member of friend (who cannot simply explain their reasoning directly). If you want to offer advice, then fantastic. However, please think about how 'questioning' posts can come across before posting them. They are not always beneficial.

If anyone has an issue with what I have said, please send me a private message.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 48 of 48