cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add another user to O2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Although I am the account holder for my O2 Pay Monthly phone and contract, it is for my daughter's use. Although she can log in ot My O2, she cannot get personal or online support as she is not the account holder.

What is the correct way to add her to my account, please?

TIA

Vigman

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Unfortunately only the account holder has access to personal information and details due to the DPA. I believe it's possible to transfer the account to your daughters name and leave your account payment details untouched. However, you as the account holder would need to speak to customer service on 202.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Unfortunately only the account holder has access to personal information and details due to the DPA. I believe it's possible to transfer the account to your daughters name and leave your account payment details untouched. However, you as the account holder would need to speak to customer service on 202.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply!

I worked within the DPA and it is possible for people to give others authorised access to their details. I hoped this might be the case with O2 accounts?!

Fixing something remotely when we are at different locations becomes complicated slight_smile

Vigman

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

I know the problem with different locations!

I'm not aware that O2 will authorise access to anyone else these days. I do know that in times gone by when I worked at O2, you could put a note on the account giving access to an authorised person but to be honest I'm not sure if that still applies.

Best bet is to call 202, wait patiently whilst listening to the delightful music (Times crossword in hand!) and have a word with them.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, I may see if it is still possible.to get a note added to my account.

Perfect example is I have just ordered a new phone which came today. She tried to use 'swap my sim' page as her new phone uses a micro sim BUT as we have bad reception at home, she tried entering her number and waiting for a code but no text...tried three times over two hours and now suddenly has three code texts and a message to say she can't try until tomorrow!!

If she could talk to support I'm sure they would help her but I am 100 miles away and can't tell them (easily) the new sim number or any new code they try and send.......!

Vigman

Message 5 of 5