Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account moved to Aerial without my knowledge

JainieS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hoping someone on here can offer some advice on this.

I've just been into my local O2 store to get a new phone, to be told they couldn't do anything because I'm halfway through a 2 year business contract. This was news to me. They phoned customer services who said that last July, when my last 2 year O2 refresh contract ended, my account was transferred to Aerial as a business account.

To my knowledge I have never spoken to anyone from Aerial, and I am not a business customer, so does anyone know if it's possible to get an account moved back across to O2? I tried phoning Aerial this afternoon but obviously they were closed, so any advice before Monday would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's the 'on behalf of O2' which catches people out every time.

Interesting that @Cleoriff as it would be the 'on behalf of O2' that would make me suspicious. 

It was a long time ago, so I can't remember the exact words used but I know at the time I was, to put it mildly, disappointed with the disaster that was the Note7, not interested in any other phone on offer so opted to stay with my Note 4, eventually going sim only..

Tbh, as I'm already on a businesz contract, the call could have genuinely come from O2. But having read all the complaints about Aerial and how they operate, I will always now be suspicious of any call purporting to come from O2 and offering me a better deal!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's the 'on behalf of O2' which catches people out every time.

Interesting that @Cleoriff as it would be the 'on behalf of O2' that would make me suspicious. 

It was a long time ago, so I can't remember the exact words used but I know at the time I was, to put it mildly, disappointed with the disaster that was the Note7, not interested in any other phone on offer so opted to stay with my Note 4, eventually going sim only..

Tbh, as I'm already on a businesz contract, the call could have genuinely come from O2. But having read all the complaints about Aerial and how they operate, I will always now be suspicious of any call purporting to come from O2 and offering me a better deal!

Was the business contract your choice or was it a result of upgrading to the S8+ @Glory1?

Message 12 of 19

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I went on a business contract, @jonsie, when I switched from PAYG to contract back in November 2012. It was at the suggestion of the advisor I dealt with in store. Never having had a contract before, I went with his suggestion and have been on a business contract ever since. And tbh I've no complaints 5 1/2 years on..

Message 13 of 19

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I should also add that, having read all the complaints about customer services on this forum, I can honestly say my dealings with business customer services over the years is one of the reasons I remain a business customer and have not moved to a consumer contract. My most recent dealings with them, and the swift response by Meuish, being a case in point.

As they say, 'if it ain't broke.......'

Message 14 of 19

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It obviously suits some although a friend of mine went instore and was sold a business contract when he had a terminal illness. It was left to me to query bills where he had been charged for going over his data limit. That was difficult because while I knew it didn't matter, he only had weeks to live, we couldn't for obvious reasons let him know. 

Just remember that whilst you have had no problems at all, the salesman got more salary and bonuses for selling a business contract as opposed to a consumer contract. He wasn't doing you a favour, quite the opposite. 

Message 15 of 19

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I appreciate that @jonsie from reading numerous threads on the same subject. But as long as I have no problems, I'm not going to change to a consumer contract.

I will, as I always do, check out the offers available when I'm due for an upgrade, April next year, both business and consumer. If the offers on a consumer contract are better I may well switch. But as I've said what keeps me on a business contract is customer service who, certainly in my dealings, seem more clued in than on the consumer side. If this forum is anything to go by.

Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Business contracts are the core of O2's business ethos so contract holders are valued more. It stands to reason therefore that their advisers are trained to a higher degree and are taught just how important customers are to the company. They are two completely different divisions within O2 and I found that business customer service advisers liked to give the impression that they were a cut above mere consumer advisers. I think perhaps they are....

Message 17 of 19

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well, as far as my dealings with them goes, they are definitely a cut above @jonsie. I've no complaints, as proved by my 2 recent excellent service posts.

Message 18 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Glory1 and thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread. smiling

@JainieS I'm happy to get someone to look into this for you! I'll need some personal details so I'll drop you a private message so we can chat. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 19