Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account moved to Aerial without my knowledge

JainieS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hoping someone on here can offer some advice on this.

I've just been into my local O2 store to get a new phone, to be told they couldn't do anything because I'm halfway through a 2 year business contract. This was news to me. They phoned customer services who said that last July, when my last 2 year O2 refresh contract ended, my account was transferred to Aerial as a business account.

To my knowledge I have never spoken to anyone from Aerial, and I am not a business customer, so does anyone know if it's possible to get an account moved back across to O2? I tried phoning Aerial this afternoon but obviously they were closed, so any advice before Monday would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I'm afraid you would have to Pay off your contract to do this https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

However if this was done without your knowledge you may want to make a complaint

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
This forum is full of complaints from this so called trusted partner of O2 who take pride in conning customers into unwanted business contracts.
Good luck In resolving this !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It would seem you have to continue with Aerial until the end of the 24 month minimum term. Make sure you give a months notice to end the contract before they renew it. Outrageous disgrace of a company.

Message 4 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I have read this thread twice, and unless I've missed something or misread the op's comments, the conning wasn't done by Aerial but by O2.

If, and I repeat if, the op never had any contact with Aerial then surely it's O2 he needs to speak to for an explanation as to why he was moved to a business contract without his knowledge, after his last Refresh contract ended.

@Martin-O2, @Marjo, @EmilieT can you provide any assistance, please.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
What usually happens is that Aerial will call and use words such as "we are calling on behalf of O2" etc.
They have full account access so to the unawares they can be very convincing by quoting your name address, account details etc and then go on to say they can reduce your monthly costs now that your device has been paid off.
The customer thinks they are talking to O2 and just reducing their tariff but in reality, Aerial are signing you up to a new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

That, @MI5 is totally unscrupulous

I seem to recall having a similar phone conversation with, I thought O2, after the Note 7 disaster, just before I decided to go sim only. Fortunately, there wasn't another phone I wanted so said I would stick with my Note 4 until a phone I wanted was released. Then I spoke to O2 to cancel my pre-order of the Note7 and the helpful advisor I spoke to suggested I go sim only as I rarely made any phone calls.

I will always be wary now of any calls, suposedly from O2, offering me a better deal.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
They have called me in the past too and were promptly asked to go away wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It's the 'on behalf of O2' which catches people out every time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

That's why we always say never upgrade or buy anything from a cold caller who gets commission from a sale and will tell you anything you want to hear by lying through their teeth. In fact that just about sums up Aerial. The very name has my skin itching if anyone remembers the early washing powder. ..

Message 10 of 19