cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G for everyone by end of March??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was talking to O2 chat about getting the 4G free bolt on. Previously I had been told that I need to "upgrade" my tarrif to get 4G. I'm on the old simplicity tarrif with unlimited data. Today I was told that the bolt on will be added free of charge by the end of March. I told the chat op that I had been told to upgrade previously. She said if I want 4G today I would need to upgrade but if I wait I will be getting it free. Anyone else been told this?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well if the op doesn't do anything and they add the 4g bolt on he will be fine or should be
Message 11 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144617 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I certainly wouldn't want to jeopardise a legacy tariff !

Not all they're cracked up to be these days from what we've heard on here with data caps etc...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well if the op doesn't do anything and they add the 4g bolt on he will be fine or should be

As @Anonymous says "Let's see what happens end of March!"

Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes will be interesting
Message 14 of 32

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm sure a staff member has already said on here that you would need to change from a legacy tariff to get 4G. I'll have a look to see if I can find it later.

Interesting nonetheless.

Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm 99% sure that it wont work, not even staff can get unlimited data and 4G. Hopefully OP will keep us updated.

Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 recently (this week) revised tariffs so that all contacts were "4g ready". The difference is (as I understand it) that if you add 4g to your 3g contract it will cost an extra £5
Message 17 of 32

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

One reason why I vouched not to do that this time round.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 18 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23140 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Getting 4G on a legacy contract with unlimited data just isn't going to happen. I'm on a legacy contract and have had no email or text offering any 4G, and I'm not expecting it. It has been discussed, as jonsie mentioned, in another thread. I believe it was the initial thread telling everyone about the 4G upgrade. This is just Live Chat giving the OP misinformation and getting it wrong yet again.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 32

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've had no text for my legacy number but got one for my P&G backup. They want everyone off the legacy tariffs and there is no way they will offer 4G for them.

Message 20 of 32