cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£45 balance but too low to get allowance...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have £45.29 on my phone and it varies between £35-£50 each month, yet every month it tells me "Your balance was too low to get your monthly allowance".

Can I use the balance on my phone to pay for my top up or do I have no choice but to pay them another £10 to get my bundle or let it be eaten by charges?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If it's credit that you have accumulated by topping up and receiving an allowance for, no, you have to top up fresh money to get the allowances.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

what tariff are u on @Anonymous?

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If it's credit that you have accumulated by topping up and receiving an allowance for, no, you have to top up fresh money to get the allowances.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like they are on big bundle
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply slight_smile 

It's not reward point credits but balance by topping up. However, I think the top ups activate the monthly allowance and credit my balance, but once the month is up it needs reactivating by topping up... which adds more money on my balance.

Was hoping there was a way but I guess the top up is what counts and not the balance. I'll have to top up but phone my family more often lol

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just top up £10 a month and get the basic bundle. The poster below you explained that I'll have to top up again to get the allowances though. Thanks for trying to help. slight_smile
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can still use your credit before you top up if you wish to use the credit as its built up
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You can still use your credit before you top up if you wish to use the credit as its built up

Yes indeed, that is the only way and probably the best way otherwise you will just keep on accumulating more and more credit.

I had the same problem when I left Vodafone and had to use up about £60 very quickly......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Charitable donations is a good way to go. So many needy people out there and you can donate by text....just a thought....

Message 9 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Charitable donations is a good way to go. So many needy people out there and you can donate by text....just a thought....

Good suggestion @jonsie ! Smiley Very Happy

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11