cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£200 Deposit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I’ve been trying for about 3 weeks to get my £200 deposit returned to me after paying my first 3 bills.

I took out a contract in October and have paid my 3 current bills, Oct, Nov and Dec.

I’ve had to ring and speak to about 8 different people and they have all told me different things. I was told 2 weeks ago that my deposit has been released and would be returned to me in 7/14 working days into my bank account. Then I received a message from 02 telling me my deposit would be returned on the 26th of this month.

I rang up today to find out exactly what was going on and now I’m being told because part of a DD was returned even though I paid the bill on he same day through the app that I have to wait another 2 months.

I’ve only been a customer for 3months and the mixed advice/feedback is really starting to annoy me.

Do 02 actually pay back these deposits?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes but you do need a squeaky clean payment record.
Try complaining officially to see if they will help you
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes but you do need a squeaky clean payment record.
Try complaining officially to see if they will help you
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that I will be getting my deposit on the 26th of this month, I just phoned the complaints department and she said there failed DD didn’t count as I still paid on the same day.

So not really sure where the other customer service agent was getting his info from 🤔

Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Three full months of paying on time is usually the norm before your deposit is returned, if you're a new customer. Hope you get it back in a few days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Probably the 'system' didn't recognise you paid via a different method...(Not surprised in the least) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Probably the 'system' didn't recognise you paid via a different method...(Not surprised in the least) slight_frown

It's quite shocking really. Yes the customer service adviser can see the failed DD on the system and they can't see beyond the system but whatever happened to common sense? You can't  blame the system for delaying a refund as it's programmed to do that but the adviser should be able to look further and then inform the accounts team who would be able to refund @Anonymous

At least it's sorted now but you shouldn't have to make a complaint for O2 to repay a deposit that the adviser should have resolved at first point of contact. It's called customer service and sometimes it's sadly not that at all.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's quite shocking really. Yes the customer service adviser can see the failed DD on the system and they can't see beyond the system but whatever happened to common sense? You can't  blame the system for delaying a refund as it's programmed to do that but the adviser should be able to look further and then inform the accounts team who would be able to refund @Anonymous

At least it's sorted now but you shouldn't have to make a complaint for O2 to repay a deposit that the adviser should have resolved at first point of contact. It's called customer service and sometimes it's sadly not that at all.

the operative words in you post above  ^  ^  ^  @jonsie, is to my way of thinking ... = ... COMMON SENSE

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I finally managed to get my deposit back, well £170 of it as they took £30 for my current bill; only for them to then take another £30 via DD charging me twice in the same month with no warning putting me overdrawn.

Even though admitting it’s their fault on the phone I now have to wait 5 working days to get my money back!

I’ve only been with O2 for 4 months and I gotta say so far the customer service has been shocking!

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It make me wonder just how complex the O2 accounting system is that no O2 staff member can understand how it works. They know there is a direct debit in place but some bright spark decides to take an extra payment. Nothing surprises me about the stupid incompetence of O2 these days. Have you made a complaint yet? Ignore the bit that says 'without delay'.........

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHe...

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn’t seem worth the trouble to go through the complaint process if the customer service is anything to go by.

I’m now getting notifications on the phone app telling me I haven’t paid my bill and I will get a £3.50 charge if It’s not paid by the 16th, even though my account is £30 in credit and it’s being refunded in 5/7 working days 😕
Message 10 of 12