Did you mean: 

Upgarde!!

Ihab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I’m new here and this is my first post. I read similar stories here about upgrade and delivery from O2. I did upgrade yesterday around 4 pm and was assured that the phone I’ve gone for is available in the stock. I was assured again I will have next day delivery. No dispatch email yet and now its 7:20 pm. I contacted O2 via online chat several times as due to COVID couldn’t go through to customer service over phone due to reduced staff. I did chat online 4 times today chasing my delivery and all assured me that delivery should be made today and advised me to wait in dispatch email.
I am wondering is it still worth waiting? Its only 2 hours for 10 pm and no email has been received. I’m planning to cancel the upgrade and walk tomorrow morning to the nearest Apple and buy a new one as my current one can’t survive 5 min without being on charge and I’m not looking to waste another day waiting at home just for sake of getting the phone.
It is frustrating and having false assurance by the team just for the sake to finish the online chat session is annoying.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
@lhab

What phone are you waiting for?

o2 dont have a live stock system, the only people who know what is in stock is the guys and gals in the warehouses

I would call customer services on 0800 587 4005 rather than rely on chat in this instance
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 12

Ihab
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply!!

Its an Iphone 11 black, 128.. the guys in sale department yesterday mentioned only black or red or white available and therefore I picked the black one.
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Ihab 

It's probably out of stock. As said, O2's ordering system isn't live and when you consider the phone is probably being shipped from China, you can understand why there may be a delay.

The only people who will know for sure are customer services. They can be contacted on any of the numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

and 0800 587 4005 is currently the best number to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Ihab
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks for your reply.
I managed to speak to someone on this number and he said the phone is available and there was a delay in finishing the checks before dispatch. Most likely it will be delivered tomorrow. I have made my decision to cancel the upgrade as it was a waste of time the whole day waiting and planning to buy one from Apple tomorrow.
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Ihab 

Change of mind policy here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy 

You can return it within 28 days of receipt of the phone without charge, as long as you don't use it at all.

Just noticed that Apple are now offering monthly payment plans..

https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/buy/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Ihab
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Cleoriff

I told him if the delivery guy brings it I will refuse receiving it.. left it to him to talk to cancellation team.
The time of customers is valuable as well they should not expect us to wait whole day and then after trying chasing them so hard they say sorry there was a delay without giving us an update.
Bad service!!
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Ihab 

Actually I would advise against refusing it at the door. We have had a customer this week who did the same and is now having awful problems tracking down exactly where the phone is. So is paying for a contract phone that she refused to accept.

The returns dept are just getting back to some sort of normality with the lockdown.

She can't find out if the phone is still at DHL or O2 returns.

I would return it myself. It saves all the hassle as at least you will have a receipt of posting.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Ihab
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Agree, isn’t worth the hassle.

Although I was told by online team that I can reject the delivery if they attempted (copy of chat in the email), but I guess, as I could see in other postings on this forum, you hear conflicting messages from O2 customer services online and over phone.

Thanks again for the kind replies.
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Ihab 

In fairness to O2, the refusal at door usually works ok most times.

During this pandemic it isn't something I would recommend at all.

If it 'goes missing' god only knows where it will be.

Anyway best of luck with it @Ihab thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12