cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 have lost my phone!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My LG G4 was having a problem with holding it's charge, as it was still in warranty only being owned for less than a year I took it into store. I was told they'd send it off the next day as it was a sunday, which was fine. The woman told me that it'd usually take about 5 days to repair, and that I would be notified when the repair centre had recieved the phone. I was not offered a replacement phone, and she didn't mention or ask if I'd need one at all.

After 4 days of waiting, and checking the tracker link I was given which seemed to be broken as it just wouldnt load at all each time, I decided to ring. I was told it had arrived at the repair centre, and that they should have contacted me to say this, after 48 hours it should be ready to be sent back and I should be contacted again.

This didnt happen. After over a week or no contact or word about my phone I rang again. This time to be told that my phone never arrived at the repair centre, and they dont know where it is. When I brang up the fact that I was told it had, and came up on the system as being at the repair centre last time I rang, I was told thats not true and not sure why I was told that. The person was then going to look into it and ring the mail courier to see where the phone was as it seems its not just my phone thats gone missing.

I got a call back about 10 minutes later saying that the phone HAD arrived at the repair centre, and been signed for. But the issue now being that the repair centre is claiming they didnt recieve it. So inbetween being signed for and arriving at the repair centre, its gone missing. At this point im seriously annoyed as I need this phone for work. I was told the guy would look into this, and ring me back the next morning once he's chased up the repair centre and tried to get to the bottom of this. I've now kept a note of the times of my calls, and who I spoke to. But I fear I'm not actually going to get my phone back now at this point, and 02 have lost it completly. 

What do I do?!

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
its just got even more ridiculous now. Im officially at the end of my patience now after being on the phone to complaints for the second time tonight. After ringing up to speak to the manager who dealt with me last time, 20 minutes just to get through to an advisor, to be promised a phone call back in the next hour maximum. 2 hours later im now arguing and being repeatedly told to wait the 7 working days it takes for email complaints to be looked at. Ignoring the fact that it needs to be dealt with now, not next week as its already nearly been a month. Instead im told i need to go in store and have it sorted out there, even though I have said instore arent doing anything to sort it, and have had 3 weeks!!! So angry with o2 now!
Message 41 of 48

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Sorry to hear this is dragging on @Anonymous 😞
When did you take out the contract initially?
As the issue occurred through a store, the complaints department will probably only liaise with the store and reiterate the problems you're having to them. What's the latest you've heard from the shop?
Message 42 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is nearly 2 years after the original post, but ended up in a similar situation, yet again!

I put my LG G5 into repair on the 19th January, as it was stuck in a bootloop issue, and was still saying was in warranty. I hoped this time there would be no problems, after having to put the LG G5 into repair on the 8/12/2016, to which was another long winded affair with them not having the stock, agreeing to a samsung s7 edge, then having the wrong phone turn up 3 times, a serious of advisors saying different things before finally getting a LG G5 back on the 3/1/2017.

But once again this has not been simple. 

1.  My tracking number has never worked, so I have been unable to even track where my phone is
  2.  I have spoken to several colleges who all tell me different information, and keep involve me ringing up 02 when I have repeatedly said I do not have a current phone, as the store had no loan phones in stock.
  3. Almost a week later I had then received an email on the 24/1/2018, saying that my phone was now irreparable under the warranty, and I would need to ring up the store to discuss a repair cost.
  4. My complaint to the complaints team has been met with the reapeting of the repair centre is waiting on the proof of purchase to be sent over before being able to repair the phone. 
    "I understand your frustration with the situation, however, we have specific processes to follow and actions to perform. If our repair centre need additional information and this was sent via store, you’d need to follow the guidelines provided. As when a phone is sent off to be repaired through an O2 store, our customer service advisors would be unable to see this as this is sent off and logged through a different system. As advised your Proof of Purchase has been sent off and you should receive a notification from them shortly, which will advise you of the next steps or the actions taken." That email was recieved on the 29/1/2018. I never did have any further communication from the store or the repairs team.
  5. I have been instore (1/2/18), and spoken to the advisor who knows nothing about a proof of purchase having to be sent over, and was told that would of been readily available to them on the system. They also told me that the phone was indeed in warranty as it would not have printed out onto the receipt saying it was had it not of been. I was then informed that the phone has been available for me to receive back since the 23/1/18, after paying a repair cost of £25. However, they are unable to tell me exactly how or what is being done to it to be repaired.
  6. From reading up on the internet it seems the phone is not repairable, the issue is a hardware defect resulting in a boot-loop which LG is aware of and has happened in the last 2 models (to which all advisors seem to be unaware of)
  7. I emailed the complaints back again, inform them of this update, to which I was simply told (14/2/18)
    "Thanks for the email

Unfortunately, the information I have provided you with is correct and I will not be taking any further actions on your account. If you’re unhappy with the decision I’ve made, I’d be happy to send you a final position on the matter so this can be escalated to the Ombudsman Services." 
  8. i then recieved a email on the 15/02/2018 saying that the phone is now back at the store ready to be picked up, however as this has all taken a month to sort out, I have returned back to uni and am no longer able to go back to that store.
  9. I rang up the repairs team/customer service to be told that:

• Device was repaired as of yesterday morning
  • No idea what was repaired on the device
  • Will contact Anovo repair centre to find out – put on hold 5 minutes
  • It’s not been repaired, because they haven’t received proof purchase
  • I informed that I have an email from  the complaints department that the proof of purchase had been sent off on the 29th January
  • Put back on hold to find out more information
  • Anovo have still not received the proof of purchase
  • Can offer me a replacement LG G5 for the inconvenience
  • Is aware it’s the same issue as my last LG G4, will go and find out more information
  • Put back on hold 15.37pm
  • Looked into it, only be able to return the phone, clear off my device plan and upgrade
  • Can only send another LG G5 out to me, even tho it is not certain the same issue will not arise, and would not be able to offer me a like for like spec for a different model (as offered to me previously in another case)

So, after speaking to a manger and still getting no where with this last night, I reluctantly agreed to take the LG G5 replacement, on the basis that they said it would not be refurbished, but a handset that was returned during the change your mind period/unsellable due to broken seal. I was also told it would be up to 3 days for delivery, and not asked on wether I would be available for the delivery. Instead i recieved a email saying it was scheduled for next day delivery, so I had to take the day off uni to be in to accept it, to then be handed a refurbished phone in non LG packaging, in the completly wrong colour.

not only is this the 3rd time that 02 have messed me about now, but I also pay for 02 premium insurance yet each time has taken over a month to sort out. I am appalled at how badly they are still handling this, and the fact that I am now with a phone that they have withdrawn, and will probably break again in a few months time. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice in how to carry on with this, as I am at a loss now not only in confidence with 02, but spending over £500 on a phone to have recieved such poor service.

(sorry for such a long post, but not sure where else to vent to!)

Message 43 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Feel free to vent away slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 44 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this sound normal or? Surely I can't be this unlucky! 

Message 45 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
I'll put it this way....
None of the regulars on here would use O2 repairs through choice!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 46 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just dont get how I can be told different information, by each person everytime I have a conversation! even the complaints team seem to think it was all fine and will not be taking the matter further, even tho they were wrong in their information and the phone has never been fixed! Also if they have offered me a completly different phone before, why cant they do it now to assure me the phone isnt just going to be susceptible to the same bootloop issue a few months down the line? or why this has been a massive run around about a proof of purchase that would be visible on a computer system/or just repair it under my insurance which I pay for monthly?

Message 47 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
I had the boot loop issue on my G4.
I went to LG directly and they repaired it and sent it back no issues.
1st thing I would do was to put in a complaint (Resolver gets it sorted quickly - check the contact us link at the bottom of the page, then complaints).
You should get a receipt reference for the complaint. 2nd thing I would do would be to send this (along with a copy of the complaint) to the email address of the CEO (google it, I can't put it on here).
What you should explain in the complaint is how and where they (o2) have let you down, what they need to do to resolve and what timescale you are giving them (be reasonable). Advise them that no reply will result in you taking the issue to Ofcom due to no reply.
You are correct though - it should not be this hard. I just wish you had asked on here for advice on who to send it to...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 48 of 48