cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 have created my My02 account with a completely inaccurate email address.

RandomName
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello All.

I have a Pay Monthly sim and 02 have automatically created my My02 account with an email address I did NOT give them.

My email address ends in mail.org, yet 02 for whatever stupid dumb reason has created my My02 account with an email address ending in gmail.com.

I don't have a gmail account. Period. None. Nada. Zip. Never have. Never will.

For example my email is g######@mail.org, but 02 has created it using email g######**Personal info**.

How in the name of God am I supposed to log into My02 with an email I don't physically have? And more importantly, how can I get the buffoons at 02 to rectify their utterly incompetent mistake when nobody answers the phones. And Live Chat is pathetic and not available.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hi
We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 6

RandomName
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't have any of those social media accounts. No facey, no twitty, no insty.

Message 3 of 6

RandomName
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just had a convo with a Virgin Media advisor who have put a request in via one of their systems that is linked to 02 to amend the email mistake as I became a default 02 customer after signing up to Virgin M200 volt package. Virgin have my correct email, but 02 the incorrect one for some reason. Only way that could happen is someone offline when creating the 02 contract data inputted the wrong details.

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@RandomName 

That means someone at Virgin Media has put in the wrong details, nothing to do with o2, as Virgin complete everything on their side, and fill in the contract details for o2... 

Nowt surprises me with muppets at Virgin Media 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

O2 is muppet free then...... 🤣

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6