cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Windows Phones Abroad not connecting to networks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so slightly annoyed by this issue.

We have around 35 Nokia/Windows mobile phones through 02 , most of which go abroad a fair amount and require to be used while over seas. 

Have found out today that we are having intermittent issues where devices are simply NOT getting a connection to a foreign network, e.g. one device would not connect to a data network and another would not be able to make phone calls to anything in the residing country (poland in this instance), but could make phone calls back to the UK???? 

Have one in france as i'm writing this whose data connection will not connect but can make phone calls fine, and yes roaming in on!!

I mean seriously? What is the cause of this intermittency, whenever our users go abroad their personal phones (on 02 and EE) connect absalutely fine with no issue. We have also tried manual network selection but this does not help.

Anyone else having this problem or better, have a resolve for this. Yes, I have phoned 02 support and they advised pretty much everything I have already tried before I got bored. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Whenever this has happened to me in the past a manual network search usually fixes the problem, but rebooting the phone a couple of times can help too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have tried that continuosly but that does not work...

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Must be either a local network issue or an account issue then I assume.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have already phoned 02 and they have said its not an account issue...

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Have already phoned 02 and they have said its not an account issue...

Unless they are either not checking the account properly or don't know what they are doing, it only leaves one option......

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7