Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting to network since upgrade option available

GrumpyB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As my contract has run down, the access to the O2 network has got worse.  

Today I have had to reboot my phone 3 times to receive texts (codes for MFA to banking) but it not last and immediately cannot actually call anyone on it!!!!

As it stands I not have a mobile phone, I have a small tablet since the wifi works fine.

Needless to say none of the upgrade options are cheap and lock me in for another 3 years.

I'm just p***ed off about it and OFCOM are as much use as a chocolate fire guard

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

@GrumpyB 

Check for any network issues in your area Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Not sure what you want OFCOM to do but there is a process to follow as outlined here 

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@GrumpyB 

Use USWITCH TO UPGRADE

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/

Choose the deal you want

This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website (or the network of your choice)

Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option

Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost

Payment date is the same and your next bill will be at the cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff

The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours

Volt benefits will still apply (if with O2) as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

GrumpyB
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have done all the network checks and no issues reported. My wife who is also with O2 does not have a problem although she did when her phone contract expired about a year ago.

We are being screwed by corporations and I am just venting

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

No problem @GrumpyB 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

GrumpyB
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can't even call 202, the complaints line, from my mobile!!!

Message 6 of 11

GrumpyB
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Upgrading is the easy part, the fact that I appear to be being railroaded into it is what is annoying me

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@GrumpyB wrote:

Upgrading is the easy part, the fact that I appear to be being railroaded into it is what is annoying me

I understand that, although I'm sure you will be much happier when you see the USWITCH deals (be it with O2 or any other network of your choice).

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

@GrumpyB 

You don't need to call to complain.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12138 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

One of the points in the network issues guide is about getting a new sim @GrumpyB 

As you keep having problems it might be worth getting a new one in case yours has failed.

The best way to do that is visit your local o2 store with photo ID - you get the sim straight away, and sometimes they help you swap over.

If you can't, and need to call customer services to ask for a new one, they activate it when sending it out so your current sim will be disconnected.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 11