cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Web Daily

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 
I have an Iphone 4, i am on a sim only contract simplicty that has no data, but i am however active for 02 web daily, i am not sure how this works.

I have turned celluar data on, turned wifi off to see if it works, when i connect to safari or something that uses data, i get message i am not subscribed to data services or something.

Could this be because of my celluar data settings?

Any one know?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Almost certainly. Check your APN settings. If you don't have a data bolt on then they should be set to mobile.o2.co.uk but you would be much better getting a data bolt on rather than paying £1 a day. Otherwise, turn mobile/cellular data off.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Almost certainly. Check your APN settings. If you don't have a data bolt on then they should be set to mobile.o2.co.uk but you would be much better getting a data bolt on rather than paying £1 a day. Otherwise, turn mobile/cellular data off.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

surely though, the web daily should only charge you once your 100Mb per day has been USED on that tariff? after all, it is an active FREE bolt-on (according to MY ACCOUNT summary) so it appears that either

1. we are being charged for web useage that should be INCLUDED in our tariff or

2. the package is being wrongly advertised/marketed etc as it misleads customers

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have a web bolt on you will only be charged if you go over that allowance.

From the website:

What is Web Daily?

Web Daily is a new, daily cap to the charge for data. It means that where customers don’t have a tariff allowance or data bolt-on and are paying for data, they’ll never pay more than £1 a day to use data in the UK.

You’ll also be charged at the Web Daily rates if your allowance has expired and you haven’t yet topped-up enough to re-activate it.

You don't have to opt-in to Web Daily as you benefit from this automatically.

Message 4 of 4