Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring number

mojo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello, I recently got a pay as you go SIM card (£20 bundle). 

I requested a PAC code from my old network (giffgaff) and entered into the form to keep my old number and it said it'd take 24-48hrs to transfer and when it does to keep turning my phone on and off. I sent the form about a week ago, my number stayed as the o2 number and I could use my data with 4G. However today around 9pm my 4G stopped working and now i have 3G which isnt working. My data wont work. Ive turned my phone on and off about 5 times, everytime it says no service.. then it goes to o2 3G.

I have no idea how to fix this, if anybody has any help they could offer it'd be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mojo1 

Check for local issues here O2 Service Status

If not that, you'll need to call customer service in the morning.

Around 8.00am is the best time Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

mojo1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks, I checked and there seems to be an issue with the phone mast local to me. I'll still call customer service in the morning just the double check if that IS the issue with my data.

Is there anyway to check if other people are having the same issue?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mojo1 

Only by asking around your area but if the network is showing a fault it will be the likely cause.

You do need to chase up your number transfer though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

mojo1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
alright thanks!
I'll call customer service tomorrow.
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @mojo1 , just wanted to check if you managed to sort everything out with customer service in the end regarding the number transfer? slight_smile

Cheers for the troubleshooting above @MI5 ! slight_smile

Message 6 of 6