Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

topping up my auntys phone

ethel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Aunty in her 80's , who lives far away from me and by herself needs a top up to her mobile phone/s . weve just finished a skype call where weve tried by all known methods to top up her phone. Shes set up an account, tried to make payments but with no luck. It accepts her details and then rejects it at the point of processing. it wont accept her card details and when ive tried to top up with my card to her number from my phone it wont do that either. she no longer has the top up card and she only wants to pay for what she uses.

any ideas?

I understand that lines are prioritised for vulnerable people but i can find no way to get through to an actual person.

Any ideas?

kind regards to all. stay in touch with each other, be well

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @ethel 

Please see the link for advice on the different ways to top up. If none of these work you'll have to contact customer services. I understand its difficult to get in touch with them at the moment. Please see the link and guide below for more info.

https://www.o2.co.uk/topup

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Hope this helps

Stacey slight_smile 

signature
Message 3 of 6

ethel
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi Stacey,

have been trying o2 customer services but kep getting the message for vulnerable folks but no way to see how to pursue an enquiry other than phone and then call cut off. Ive tried all the ways to top up. my auntys card for the phone she has is lost.is it possible to get a replacement sent to her and is it possible for me to add her phone, with her consent so that i can make a guest payment? i tried to top up her phone via mine but not possible took all my setails and then saide not possible.

thankyou for responding. i appreciate that. Ahuman being.

take care and any further advice and suggestions much appreciated.

ethel

Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Has she topped up the phone before? As the first top up needs to be by voucher from a shop.
Other than that see help in the first link below (guide to pay as you go top ups) and second a link to a website that seems to work.
1) https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408
2) http://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

ethel
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thankyou! ill try all that. Much appreciated kind regard and take care
Message 6 of 6