Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call waiting

Barney
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Sony Xperia XA1 and need to set call waiting on it.  I have found it in the settings but it says network doesn't allow it.

Please can someone tell me what to do as I really need this facility today

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@Barney 

Wifi calling sometimes messes with call settings so you could try disabling it first. You can always turn it back on afterwards. Otherwise, it's a call to customer services unfortunately Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Barney
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.  Although I'm not technical so not sure what you mean about wifi calling.  I just mean ordinary phone calls.  I need call waiting because I'm waiting for a very important call today but I also have a lot of people making contact.

I've tried contacting o2 but can't find an option that actually allows me to talk to anyone.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@Barney 

Wifi calling in call settings if it's turned on?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Barney
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update for anyone else who may have same issue.  I have managed to speak to a helpful lady at o2 and unfortunately, because I just have Pay as You go, call waiting is not supported.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6