cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was charged for Rolling Plan but it didn’t go through…how to get refund?

SE4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_0825.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

  

My PAYG Rolling Plan renews on the 5th every month… 5th Sept, 5th Oct, 5th Nov Etc. I can see on my bank statement that the 5th Dec charge went out and I was charged but it seems it did not go through correctly as when I logged in yesterday I had no active plan anymore. It says my last payment was 5th Nov in purchase history. I have now signed up again on 10th Dec but how can I get a refund for the 5th Dec payment? I tried speaking to Live Chat, they said they only deal with Pay Monthly. I spoke to an advisor last night on 4445, he said I had not been charged on the 5th Dec (but I can see on my bank that I have been) so it must be a technical issue. He also said Rolling Plans were being phased out which I am not sure was correct and that’s why I had the issue which seems very odd. Then tried to upsell me on to Direct Debit. If I can’t resolve it then I will dispute the charge with my bank but they said they need evidence I have raised it with the merchant but I don’t know how I can get that when no one will respond to me in writing/no email address for customer service?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SE4 

Quite a few reports of this.

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

SE4
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 Thanks for your reply! Completely understand that you are not affiliated or customer service, my hope was mainly to get pointed in the right direction of speaking to customer service which is feeling like getting blood out of a stone. I have tried Twitter and Instagram DMs but neither have responded yet 😔

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SE4 

Calling 4445 early morning might be quicker.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Ethan101746
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have you had this sorted? Or did you get charged for both in January? I’ve had the same problem recently.

Message 5 of 6

Ethan101746
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@SE4 sorry forgot to @ you last message but, have you had this problem sorted yet? Or did you get charged twice this month (January)? I’ve had exactly same problem this month 

Message 6 of 6