Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking call and data usage history on an O2 pay as you go

Steve2811
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a pay as you go sim for years but recently bought a new Nokia phone and transferred the sim successfully in to it.

However I'm noticing that my balance is going down slowly  every hour or so  by a few pence each time without actually using the phone for calls or texts and wonder why. Is it because the new smart phone is using data behind the scenes. I have the wi fi turned off and never use the phone for internet searches.  Maybe the built in apps are doing something in the background all the time although I never download any apps myself.

My previous semi smart Nokia phone only showed a reduction in my balance after I used it for calls and texts.

Any ideas anyone?  

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@Steve2811 

Turn off mobile data in the phone settings as it will be that using your data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@Steve2811 

Turn off mobile data in the phone settings as it will be that using your data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Steve2811
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank You M15, the mobile data was on as you suggested so I turned it off and will monitor my credit.

Appreciate the very quick response. I am very much a novice in all things smart phones. 

Message 3 of 5

Steve2811
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much M15 for the very quick reply. Mobile data was on so I turned it off and will monitor my credit.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

You're welcome

Message 5 of 5