Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting International Number

reb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm from the UK and have been trying to send a SMS message to a  number from Dublin (they dont have imessage) but they will never send and it just says Not Delivered. I was able to receive texts from them but cant send anything back. I am on Pay as you go and have enough credit and signal etc and have tried a bunch of different things but nothing has worked? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Then it's possible that you have an international bar on your account so you'll need to call customer services on 4445 to ask them to check any account restrictions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Do you definitely have credit and not just a text allowance @reb ?
Have you tried directly replying to a received message too ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

reb
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes I tried to reply to their text and Ive googled and seen other people with the same issue but they seemed to have resolved it by changing to countries code before the number, but I have the correct number with the code because I was able to receive their texts. Do I need to have a lot of credit to send a text? I have around £10 atm is that not enough maybe? Thanks @MI5

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
£10 is enough.
When you add the country code, try both +353 and 00353 and don't forget to drop the first zero of their number.
Also try saving the number in your contacts and turn on dialling assist in your settings menu.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

reb
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 I've done that, I have the correct number etc because ive received texs from them and saved the number into my contacts

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Then it's possible that you have an international bar on your account so you'll need to call customer services on 4445 to ask them to check any account restrictions.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6