Did you mean: 

Stopping automatic texts from O2 after every sent text message

Nick56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Community,

I am trying to help my elderly mother who is severely sight impaired. She is just about able to send and read text messages using her old Doro mobile phone.

Recently because of the covid crisis it wasn't safe for her to top up at her local post office. I therefore set up an online MyO2 account for her from my home and was able to top up her phone for her.

Now there is a problem though. Whenever she sends a text message she immediately gets one in return from O2 stating her current balance. It is quite confusing for her and has resulted in her not feeling confident to use the phone anymore, which is a problem because it is one of the key ways in which she stays in touch with the rest of the family.

Could this problem be related to another which I noticed when I set up her MyO2 account - no confirmatory email was received from O2 despite me carefully ensuring I had spelt the relevant email address accurately in the appropriate box. I have tried to get confirmatory emails sent from her O2 account many times over the last few days but they never arrive in the specified email account.

Does anybody have any ideas about how to solve these problems?

Best wishes

Nick

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Nick56
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I'll try to contact them. Nick

Message 3 of 6

Kingfisher
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is there anything in settings without going through a website to turn off the balance alerts? Ive acrolled through most sections but am yet to find the information?
Message 4 of 6

Kingfisher
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry that says scrolled!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Sorry no @Kingfisher 

Only by calling 4445. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6