Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim inactivity policy

AK1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've seen two explanations on the website regarding inactivity which are a little different. Do you have to add credit every 6 months to prevent disconnection, or are calls/text/data enough to prevent disconnection? Thanks.

'7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number.'

'If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number.'

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A chargeable call or text every 6 months is sufficient to keep the sim active. However, a top up is also needed every 999 days according to various O2 staff members. Hope that clarifies it for you @AK1

Welcome to the community hugging

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A chargeable call or text every 6 months is sufficient to keep the sim active. However, a top up is also needed every 999 days according to various O2 staff members. Hope that clarifies it for you @AK1

Welcome to the community hugging

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
jonsie is correct and we have fed back to o2 that the website needs to be changed to reflect the correct terms.
I doubt that o2 will ever publish the 999 day rule though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3