Did you mean: 

Answerphone from overseas UAE

Samwak
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect to my answerphone from overseas. The given number +44 7802 090 100 does not work. I get a message in arabic and english that it is not a working number.

Can anybody help as to which number I should call?

Thanks

Sam

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions

Hi @Samwak

Try our help here please https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

Additional o2 help here too https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/using-your-phone-abroad#qs

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions

Hi @Samwak

Try our help here please https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

Additional o2 help here too https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/using-your-phone-abroad#qs

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions

Should also point out you will pay standard reates from UAE so you'll need credit and costs as follows:

uae.PNG

Also make sure you dial as +44 or 0044 and drop the first zero from the number you are calling.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samwak wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect to my answerphone from overseas. The given number +44 7802 090 100 does not work. I get a message in arabic and english that it is not a working number.

Can anybody help as to which number I should call?

Thanks

Sam

Thats not your voicemail number,it's the number you call if you want your voicemail mailbox's direct dial (vmmddn) number texting to you. Tha the vmmdn  number is different from your number. That number may or may not work depending on whether you have WiFi calling enabled on your account, and your handset is compatible with it,  as with much of voicemail functionallity currently.

For some reason 02 did away with the universal number that ended in 901 for voicemail from abroad,  so 901 on its own only works if the network you are on recognises it  as a short code from your own phone , and your phone successfully transmits your number to the O2 voicemail system from your sim, but it's worth trying.

If that doesn't work the only options you have are calling your own number replacing the first zero with +44 from your phone or another phone capable of issuing tones and letting it go to voicemail. Then pressing * and accessing your voicemail box using your passcode.

Or 

Calling customer services to give you your vmmddn (good luck with that) 

Now assuming you have got to the passcode prompt, you will still need to access using a passcode, which means having set a passcode.. if you haven't set one then calliing anything bar 901 may not work, .the default passcode is 8705,  or you could try to get customer services to change your passcode...

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions
All explained in the links I gave above wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

True and the RTFM approach is fine, but when someone posts saying they are in the UAE and uses the term answerphone a little bespoke hand holding might not hurt. If it helps I consulted your guide extensively when writing  the post! 🙂

Message 6 of 6