Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention of mobile number

David2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How can I retain my present 02 mobile number while I am in Australia until July 2019

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi EmilieT, my question was answered verbally by a member of the o2 help desk. My number is retained for six months from the date of last use; if I am still overseas on that date, I need to supply o2 with the number of my SIM card for my number to be retained for a further six months. An alternative would be to use the phone during each six month period but this is not practical in my case as there is no o2 coverage where I am at present. I am likely to be back in the UK during the second six month period. This is a satisfactory answer to my question.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @David2 

The way I would do it:

Contact customer services to switch to the classic 321 PAYG tariff (if not already on that).

Top up with £10 which remains as credit.

Make a call back home to UK or send a text at least once every 6 months (will be taken from credit so keep it a short call).

Number wil stay live until you return.

PS. I'd also remove your number from your post as the forum is public and may get picked up by spammers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

David2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for both suggestions. Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @David2, please do let us know how you get on with this over time, and Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

David2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi EmilieT, my question was answered verbally by a member of the o2 help desk. My number is retained for six months from the date of last use; if I am still overseas on that date, I need to supply o2 with the number of my SIM card for my number to be retained for a further six months. An alternative would be to use the phone during each six month period but this is not practical in my case as there is no o2 coverage where I am at present. I am likely to be back in the UK during the second six month period. This is a satisfactory answer to my question.

Message 5 of 5